This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Matrix: Reloaded *SPOILERS!!!*

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by theodyssey, May 19, 2003.

1. theodyssey

theodyssey Best Album of the Year

OK, discuss the matrix... whoever has seen it. Personally i thought there was TOO MUCH unnecissary sex. That ruined a lot for me personally. Other than that i thought it kicked ass... though i didn't really understand the relavence of the architect...

2. Dream Symphony

I did think that Neo and Trinity were tongin each other a little too much.
    But it was still a killer movie. I saw it the day it came and man talk about action.
    I wonder what the whole thing with Neo using his power outside the Matrix is all about. Anybody have any thoeries? The first thing that came to my mind, was that maybe the "real world" is actually a program. But that would just be way too confusing. Can't wait to find out in the 3rd film.

3. The Yngster

The Yngster Member

Oh oh I got a theory. Similar to yours, but I think that the "real world" is just a sub program of the Matrix, and Neo is just the first to realize this, therefor he's the first to be able to use his powers there. That would get confusing, but its the only thing I can think of at the moment. Unless maybe since Neo is truly "The One" he can use the powers outside of the Matrix. And about the architect (I have a real hard time spelling that for some reason), he was wierd. I thought he was talking a little too fast, I had to listen really close to follow what he was saying. But the only thing I'm really confused about is the guy at the end. Who was he, and I thought I saw him turn into another Agent Smith earlier. I still liked the movie a lot, do I even have to mention the action scenes? Neo vs Agent Smiths = greatest action scene EVER!!! I heard the release date of the next one is going to be pushed forward to like the summer. Anyone wanna verify this?

4. Bassmasta

Bassmasta Member

Hey everyone, man this was a great movie, but I also agree that sometimes there was a little too much sucking face and that whole Dancing part went on a little long.

Yes, the fight scenes were amazingly done, but there was one part where Neo didn't even look like Keanu Reeves, it looked like a double unless my eyes are failing me......

Yeah some people are saying that "Zion" is a matrix inside of the Matrix....which is pretty damn confusing....actually the whole movie was pretty confusing, especially the Architect's speech....

Yeah that guy at the end on the table was the guy in the beginning who was going to get on the phone, and then got double as an Agent Smith I presume....and now he's in the 'real world' as well. I thought that the ending lacked something, and that it should have kept going but whatever....great movie, worth my 11 bucks....

Cheers!

5. theodyssey

I doubt they will... they are going to milk this for all it's worth... i predict end of summer = released on DVD, a month later will be like... a special edition to just in time for a fall Theater release of Revolutions.
    The thing that pissed me off with the architect scene was it seemed to be really important (i dont know... which leads right to...) But there was WAY to much going on with neo on TV... by the way, was that the possible reactions he had or his thoughts??? I am guessing reactions, but don't know. Also, my guess is that Neo just kicks ass and the sentinals bow to him... no, i think it goes back to what the architect was saying about all the matrix's (matricies??) because he said something abuot six being created, but when he was talking i only counted 3 or 4... so i think it might be a matrix (the matrix world) within a matrix (the "real" world) and that is the machine's solution to the people who reject the first matrix.... basically they get unplugged from the first matrix because they don't accept it, but they are still plugged in so the machines don't loose them... does that make any sense??? Anyway, it doesn't completely make sense because the machine's wouldnt' intentionally kill everyone if they were still in some sort of matrix... i just have to wait for the next installment.

6. theodyssey

also... what was the deal with that girl wanting to kiss neo... what did that have to do with the overall movie?

7. The Yngster

The Yngster Member

I think what happened with the six previous Matrix's is that in the previous ones, the people who were supposed to be "The One" chose the door on the right because they could not handle the pressure of destroying mankind. But since Neo is crazy go nuts he chose the door on the left. And that girl wanted to kiss Neo because... ummm... I have no clue, I guess the writers couldn't think of a better way to get the Keymaker free. And about him, I didn't think he literally made keys... Did those twins die in the explosion or did they get away? I hope they lived, they were so cool.

8. theodyssey

I think they died, but they should be alive because they kicked large portions of ass. and my point with the previous matrix's is that he didn't explain all six... only 3 or 4.

9. TrevJ

TrevJ Member

Persephone wanted to kiss Neo to get back at the Merovingian (her husband) because he was cheating on her.

10. theodyssey

i get that, but why such a big deal with the whole thing of trinity and such?

11. a guy...

a guy... Magician of Sadness

There was way too much over-philosophising at once to take in upon a single viewing. Yes the sex/dance scene was about 5 minutes too long. My favorite bit of the movie by far were the Twins. A great movie, but the third one will put it into more perspective I believe.

Did anyone else sit through the overlong credits to see the Matrix 3 trailer?

12. The Yngster

The Yngster Member

I got one more thing to bitch about. The people in the theater I was in were assholes. Every couple or seconds they were laughing, I tried to explain that it wasn't a comedy, so shut up. Then there was a 12 year old with a Slipknot shirt sitting behind who kept complaining that he didn't understand. This really pissed me off during the Architect part because I was trying to listen closely and this retard kept proving how much of a dumbass he is by not shutting up. Movies are much cooler with a cool crowd.

13. The Yngster

The Yngster Member

I saw it the trailer to the third one, it was only like 20 seconds long but thats good. Personally I think the ad should say "Matrix Revolutions - Out November Whatever". I'd still go see it, and then it wouldn't ruin anything.

14. a guy...

I wouldn't think a car explosion would put the Twins out of commision. The way I understood they were a renegade program within the Matrix.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I took what the Oracle said about ghosts and such being the corrupted programs, and relating it to the Twins being able to convert to ghostlike form.

15. a guy...

Absolutely right TY. Horror movie crowds are the worst, even when there's not a big crowd.

16. Soul of Ice

Soul of Ice Rusted Angel

The movie was possibly the worst i have seen this year. About 6 movies in one: Highlander, Superman, Fight Club, Star Trek, The Ten Commandments and others. The fights were too long and most of them were unnecessary. The movie was tasteless (the cake scene) and stupid ("kiss me like you kiss her..." "alright"). The first movie was infinitely better. It gave you what you needed to know, and left you with things to ponder. This one just stretched on the first one, totally commercialized, too long, and rediculous. This movie should not have happened.

Dont bother seeing this at night. If you must see it see it at a matinee price.

17. Mr. Shred-ididle

Mr. Shred-ididle Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head

I sooo wanna see it! A group of 5 including me and other guys (and one 2 girls - YAY!) are seeing it the weekend after this weekend - - - - >> thats in one week and four days! I can't wait that long! I think I'm going to see it before then.
    Then I purpously spiol the movie the second time (the others first) by saying all the stuff I know when it happens. Its so fun. It pisses thm off so much. I love doing it!!! I really am the annoying type (as you cn clearly see)

18. Dream Symphony

REALLY!!!! I thought the fights were just right. Not long at all. At least they didn't seem long to me. The whole movie was pretty short in my opinion. When it ended, I felt like I had only seen 1 hour and a half of it. They totally could have kept going. But then again, thats what the sequel is for. So we have to wait till November to see the rest.
    Thats my opinion, and your entitled to yours. I guess the sequels just are not for you.

19. The Yngster

The Yngster Member

I don't think that the fight scenes were too long at all, in fact I wish they had been longer :D And imo this movie gives you a lot more to "ponder" than the first, because there is a lot that hasn't yet been revealed. The only thing I really agree with you about is that the whole Marevingian scene was stupid. I don't quite understand why you hated it as much as you seem to have, but I guess not everbody's going to love it :erk:

20. Soul of Ice

Soul of Ice Rusted Angel

It seems like me and my friend are the only ones who hated this movie and all that it stood for. We were even considering asking for our money back. Take what i said seriously if you havent seen it yet.

To mista shred - being a dick aint cool, dont ruin movies for others.