This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Microphone setup for drums

Discussion in 'Insense' started by Calle, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Calle

Calle New Metal Member

I was wondering what microphones and what setup you use for recording the drums in the studio?
    And if you have any preferences regarding DAWs?

2. liksvette

liksvette New Metal Member

Hi Calle!
    There are a couple of mic settings we tend to use more often than others, one is the BETA91 in the BD. Also some quality condencer mics on the toms, but you need to be careful with the cymbal bleeds.
    Lastly I'm a fan of micing the snare shell. Place an sm57 directly facing the middle of the shell. That'll give you some interesting mids.
    Tune in to our youtube site later this week, and I think we'll be posting some studio info. We start recording Monday!

3. Calle

Calle New Metal Member

Ok, thanks.
    Looking forward to hear your new album!:headbang:

4. estimate

estimate Code

The new record will be awesome! It "looked" (and sounded) great on the studio reports. What hi-hat are you using? Zildjian A Custom 14"?

5. Truls Haugen

Truls Haugen Member

Thank you and that's correct.
    I use A custom crashes and Hi-hats on this album.