This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Most underrated band/musican - in your opinion

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by ZDevilInside, May 4, 2020.

1. ZDevilInside

ZDevilInside New Metal Member

Yes, it is going to be another one of those threads but with a twist. Name whom you think is the most underrated band and musician that you cannot stand.

For me, Kip Winger was underrated as a musician. I hated him when his music came out with Winger but I actually met him in person when he lived in the Santa Fe, NM area. He was quite down to earth and I didn't realize who he was until I asked him his name. I commented that I hated his band and he laughed about it. He said he heard that a lot but they were just trying to get paid in the era of Hairbands. He had to go a certain route to be able to get out there. I said I could tell he was quite talented as a musician and he appreciated it.

Underrated band - Exodus. They were amazing. I was surprised at how well they did riffs and just general guitar play.

Honorable mention - Within Temptation. I didn't like the music I first heard from them and didn't listen to them at all until my wife started to listen to it and I re-evaluated them. That lady has some lungs! Stand My Ground is the one that made me realize I liked them and can't list them as an underrated band anymore that I cannot stand. LOL

I almost went with Dokken until I remembered WHY I got into heavy metal - my brother learned to play the guitar to Dokken, Ozzy, Scorpions, Van Halen and Tom Petty bands. I cannot hate them because my brother passed away long ago and the last time I actually saw him was when he was playing a Dokken song.

I was tempted to joke that the underrated band was Milli Vanilli but I didn't want to get banned on my first post. ;)

#1 ZDevilInside, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020