This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

Movie recommendations?

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by firewalkjen, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Chromatose

Chromatose Squid pro quo

and

[​IMG]

2. sortex

sortex New Metal Member

3. Shpongled

Shpongled Member

Let us not also forget:

[​IMG]

4. Talking Backwards

Talking Backwards Senior Citizen

Kung Pow is one of the dumbest movies I've ever watched. I thought it was so ridiculously stupid (and I like movies like that sometimes), yet ever since it came out, and even to this day, and friend and I are constantly quoting it and doing impersonations of the various cast members. :lol:

Dude, that's one of the "phrases" my friend will bust out at the most inappropriate times, especially if the situation is tense. It's entirely out of context and people either look at him wondering what the fuck he's doing, or start laughing because they recognize it.

5. WhiteBeastofWotan

WhiteBeastofWotan Apostitutes!

Kung Pow is funny when watching it. Its fucking hilarious when you are thinking about it later.

"I'll take a pound of nuts."
    "THATS A LOT OF NUTS!
    THAT'LL BE FOUR BUCKS BABY, YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT?!"

6. rebirth

rebirth spacestation '76film

checkedout my list anyone????? yet???

7. neal

neal wizard in black

ive seen a clip of last days here, but im not sure if i want to see a whole film of him as a shaking crackhead. its more fun to think of him as a funny weirdo who humps the mic stand and grabs himself a lot.

8. firewalkjen

firewalkjen Member

Yes! I've been wanting to see this. I love Rutger Hauer!!

9. firewalkjen

firewalkjen Member

thank you everyone! I'll be sure to check some of this stuff out! You guys rock!!

10. derek

derek Grey Eminence

Hunger.

Blew my mind.

11. Talking Backwards

The ratio of good remakes to trash remakes is nowhere near where it should be, but the Fight Night remake was actually pretty decent. It doesn't hurt that this version of Charley was played by the guy who played "Charlie Bartlett" either. Or if you haven't seen that (you should), Chekov in the last Star Trek.

Also, Colin Farrell's version of a vampire is extremely sinister. His performance in this movie almost makes up for the garbage that was Daredevil and Alexander. It lost pretty much all of the "comedy" aspects from the original, and seems now more like a vampire version of Disturbia. I think both movies are still very good in their own right, but the newer version is actually easier to watch today, and it also doesn't just feel like a generic cash grab.

12. derek

derek Grey Eminence

Alexander wasn't garbage.

13. Talking Backwards

Ok, it wasn't garbage. It just wasn't any good either, unless you saw some special edit version that I never did.

14. derek

derek Grey Eminence

Yeah, I saw the final, final, final cut, which is a far superior movie.

15. perfecterror

perfecterror Member

Yes, Hobo with a Shotgun!!! \m/ "You and me are going on a car-ride to hell .....and you're riding shotgun! \m/

I was all excited to see Kevin Smith's 'Red State'... saw it last night, very... meh. :erk:
    Here is the preview, looks like it would be awesome right? No... I love Kevin Smith and all his movies... but this movie felt like Kevin Smith was speaking every single line in his very noticeably way of speaking, not enough nudity, not scary, stereotypical lame characters, too much dialogue and nothing really cool happened. The ONLY cool part was a lot of shooting and bloody heads. Cool concept though...Anyone else seen it??

#35 perfecterror, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  16. Pitiless Wanderer

Pitiless Wanderer Active Member

I watched Hobo last night and it's a pretty stupid movie. I, too, haven't seen a good movie in ages. I got The Perfect Host and am looking forward to watching it since it's supposed to be great.

17. Talking Backwards

Perfect Host isn't bad, but it drags quite a bit. Plus, it's nowhere near as clever as it thinks it is.

Hanna is out on the rental circuit now, and that's something worth watching. You still need to watch Tucker & Dale vs Evil if you haven't seen it yet (which is probably most of you). It really is one of the funniest horror comedies in ages.

18. Pitiless Wanderer

Pitiless Wanderer Active Member

downloading both of those right now. thanks.

19. Det Som Engang Var

Det Som Engang Var Viking Bastard

Everyone I know is blabbing about Hobo With A Shotgun. I should probably watch it.

20. Talking Backwards

I remember when the seemingly fake trailer for that was released a few years ago, and thought it would be funny if they had ever actually made that into full length feature (kind of like what happened with Machette). So I ended up watching it after they actually did, and was assuming it was going to be completely stupid.

Well, it is for the most part--but in a good way. It's like an exploitation version of Rambo meets Kung Pow, and purposefully has the tasteless dialogue and awful acting to mock the late 70's film style that it's based on. It's not something I think I would willingly watch again (not on my own at least), but I think it's definitely worth seeing at least once just for the spectacle.