This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

music festival disaster in Belgium

Discussion in 'PAIN' started by Paincrisy, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Paincrisy

Paincrisy Member

Maybe you have already heard of it, but on thursday one of Belgium's biggest music festivals, Pukkelpop, ended in pure disaster, right on the first day.
    In the early evening, a thunderstorm and heavy rain ravaged over the festival site and turned everything into chaos and mayhem, right in a quarter of an hour. Trees were blown over, towers and screens came down and one of the tents totally collapsed on top of the people.
    Result : 5 deadly victims and many severly injured with some still fighting for their lives.
    The organisation took the morally right decision to cancel the rest of the festival. As a member of a band that had to play the next day said :' It would have been impossible for me to go out on stage and incite the people to party and be happy.'
    I myself count myself lucky that my daughters were only going the next day, so they escaped from it all. But my heart goes out to all the victims and their relatives and all those music lovers that had to experience this and also to the bands involved.
    I just wanted to share this with some kindred spirits, so to speak.

2. Taru

Taru Member

Sounds very awful :(

3. Michael Bohlin

Michael Bohlin ex-Pain guitarist

I was very sorry when i head the news about this :-(

4. hetki

hetki Rock Oracle

I'm so sorry! :(

5. NashK230

NashK230 New Metal Member

That's so awful! As if the disaster in Indiana wasn't enough to weeks ago. :(

6. toasted.mind

toasted.mind Member

it's really awful. natur is just unpredictable.. :(
    I heard at the radio that there were "only" 4 dead people. the fifth that died in the hospital wasn't at that festival.

when i heard about belgium i was really scared because the same time i was at summer breeze and at 6 in the friday morning there started a really evil thunderstorm, too. luckily nothing really happened there but broken tents and pavillions that destroyed or flew away .. our pavillion broke either and fell on our tent while we were in the car.

thunderstorms and festivals just doesn't fit to each other...