This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Must see summer concert of 2014 - Yes

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by The Colorado Kid, Apr 19, 2014.

1. The Colorado Kid

yes-u-s-tour-summer-2014-fragile-close-edge-greatest-hits-heaven-earth

Prog-rock legends*Yes*have just announced a 35-date U.S. Summer Tour.

For their 2014 dates, Yes will perform 1971′s*Fragile *in its entirety as well as every track from 1972′s Close To The Edge, followed by an encore of the band’s greatest hits and material off their new studio album,*Heaven and Earth, which is due on July 8.

Bassist Chris Squire, guitarist Steve Howe, drummer Alan White, keyboardist Geoff Downes and singer Jon Davison will kick off the tour in Boston on July 8.

The 35-show run is currently scheduled to come to a close on August 24 at the Greek in Los Angeles.

Tickets go on sale beginning Friday, March 28 from 10am.
    Read more *here*

2. Random Axe

Random Axe Common Sense Man!

They are coming to Lousiville, which isn't far. Got a couple of buddies planning the trip.

From left to right: Yoda, Aragorn, Senator Palpatine, Greg the Hammer Valentine, Bea Arthur

3. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Rofl, Bea Arthur.

4. The Colorado Kid

5. metalprof

metalprof Ken Luther

I saw them last year when they played some other albums in their entirety. The new singer does a really good job, I missed Jon Anderson of course, but Davison did quite nicely and was clearly enjoying himself.

6. spag

spag I am a leaf on the wind

I saw them on the 35th anniversary tour, whenever they had the original members for it. I was a little apprehensive, because, damn, I hadn't seen them for 25 years. I thought it was a great concert. Given the upcoming concerts set list, I would love to see this.

7. gtwilliams

gtwilliams Member

Does anybody in Chicago want to go to this show with me? Moved to the area recently and looking for metal and prog buddies.