This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Not man asks... Have you checked out your NEW preferences for the forum? His favorite is enabling sticky navigation and user bar. Top right > click user name > Preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Ne Obliviscaris' started by Svartwerk, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Svartwerk

Expand Collapse

Apr 11, 2009

Friday, May 18@ The Corner Hotel, Melbourne 18+
    Saturday, May 19@ The Castle, Dandenong, Melbourne *ALL AGES*
    Saturday, June 9@ The Enigma Bar, Adelaide
    Saturday, June 16@ The Bald Faced Stag (The Wall), Sydney
    Brisbane show TBA!

“This is a work that simply must be experienced to be believed”
    - (Rod Whitfield/Heavy Mag)

Australian Progressive/Melodic/Extreme Metallers NE OBLIVISCARIS are finally set to unleash their debut album! Mixed and mastered by JENS BOGREN (Opeth, Katatonia, Ihsahn) it's set for release on May 7 through Welkin Records.

"Almost 9 years after the bands formative rehearsals first took place; after numerous line-up changes that has seen the band go through almost continual change, always for the better; after more than 5 years have passed since the band released a 3 song demo that garnered us worldwide critical acclaim in the metal underground; after a successful 15 month battle with the Australian Immigration Department saw our lead guitarist, Benjamin Baret, finally granted a long term visa in Australia due to the incredible support of thousands of fans worldwide; after more frustrations and delays than the band thought they could ever possibly deal with; we present to you... 'Portal Of I'.

Set for release on May 7 in Australia through Welkin Records and shortly after worldwide through a soon to be announced label (stay tuned), 'Portal Of I' is every bit of musical energy we could muster. Our love, our pain, our frustration, our joy..... It's 7 songs & 72 minutes and we will be performing the album in its entirety at all our Australian Tour shows in May/June.

Thank you to all those who have been patiently waiting for this news for all these years. We can't wait to hear what the world thinks.- NeO"

Check out the song ‘And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope’ taken from ‘Portal Of I’ in stores and on iTunes from May 7!

P.S. We had a Brisbane show booked on June 2 at the Primitive Room, but the venue was shut down for live music due to noise issues only a couple days ago so we are currently hard at work trying to finalise a new venue/date, so Brisbane people don't worry we haven't forgotten about you!

#1 Svartwerk, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Incarnate

Expand Collapse
    I am really really great

May 7, 2006
    Adelaide, South Australia
    You better believe my ass will be at Enigma.