This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need a bit of help

Discussion in 'New Metal Band Showcase' started by Karamu, Nov 10, 2018 at 8:36 AM.

1. Karamu

Karamu Sky High

i've started a new groove/thrash metal band (Sky High.) and we're in the process of making our first album and I need advice on how to sing the best vocals possible for my band (maybe like Phillip Anselmo except a bit less screamy.) thanks

#1 Karamu, Nov 10, 2018 at 8:36 AM
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018 at 7:16 AM
  2. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

Go out to local metal shows and meet vocalists. Or do you mean you'd you much rather do them yourself? Also, think up an original band name in the meantime. Fans don't want to search for you on Spotify or wherever and find 4 crappy other artists with the same name.

3. Karamu

Karamu Sky High

Thanks for the advice but I worded my question wrong I meant to ask how do I sing well in that style. And on the name of the band, I was surprised to find there wasn't a band with our name, thanks anyway. :)

4. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

"wasn't" ? I don't really care, but I just told you it wasn't original and I don't like being ignored. :tickled: There's 6 bands/artists called Sky High on RYM including a long-running rock band, plus some variations. 5 artists called Sky High on Spotify.