This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Need some good curtains for my home studio

Discussion in 'Bar' started by sixstringhotshot88, Feb 16, 2013.

1. sixstringhotshot88

Ok so i've literally just redecorated my home studio/bedroom. I call it more of a studio as theres more musical related gear in here than anything to do with a bedroom.

anyways i need some suggestions on material for curtains? I have 2 windows in my room that are pretty low in the wall. i want curtains that are going to reach the floor with a max height of about 4/12ft. There will only be 1 curtain rail so they will cover most of the wall that the windows are on. probably a good 10ft wide and both will meet in the middle.

Since i've now got a hardwood floor in here i need something that will soak up a bit of the reflection in here. It's quite a big space.

Any suggestions?

2. RedDog

RedDog Humanoid typhoon

Getcha carpet, area rug, and head to a fabric store.

Get knittin'.

3. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I found some heavy duty ones. No idea who made them or where I got them, but they were heavy duty for the intention of keeping the room cool from the sun.

4. sixstringhotshot88

yeah i'll be putting down a rug anyway as the noise of my chaire on the floor is driving me crazy anyway haha.

one of my friends was saying before that they had a set maid up for them from a company neer me that wasn't overly expensive. Might give them a call and see if they can do a heavy material.

5. Volcane

Volcane Power Quest

If you search for 'blackout curtains' you might find what you need. They tend to be heavy, dense material and lined as well - which really helps. Buy wide so when they are closed they don't look stretched...

Good luck!

6. The StabbinCabin