This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

Ugly is and will always be one of Bodom's best tracks, whole discography included. I can still perfectly remember where I was and how I felt when I first listened to it.
    This song literally had so much influence on my life, that I am forever bound to it.
    It made me fall in love with Norway, learn Norwegian, move to Norway, hate living there, move back to France in a state of depression, locking myself on videogames, find my wife on videogames, study Russian, move to Ukraine with my wife, move back to France with my wife, move to the UK.

I still can't believe a single song had such an influence on the course of my life.

BodomBlueMoonHC and Woltimon like this.
  2. Norbix

Norbix Member

If I were to make their 13 song setlist and getting something from each album...

1) Kick in the Spleen. How are you not starting a hexed tour with a song from Hexed? Short fast and angry. Perfect.
    2) Scream for Silence. Get the melodies going and get a song from HOB into the setlist.
    3) In Your Face. Probably the least controversial song to play live from AYDY. Now that super heavy is out of the way we can get old school.
    4) Follow the Reaper.
    5) Towards Dead End.
    6) Bodom Beach Terror. Three back to back from their three best albums. These three are easily interchangeable to whatever.
    7) Hecate's nightmare. More hexed that's not UGAC or This Road.
    8) Blooddrunk. Something from blooddrunk album that's also keeping the melodies going.
    9) Lake Bodom
    10) Soon Departed for the ballad.
    11) Hexed to end the set with that ominous outro and a fade to black.

Encore
    12) My Bodom. IWC didn't escape my playlist. This song goes straight into being fast and heavy prefect restart and gets super melodic to setup the next song.
    13) Downfall is the best outro song they have. But "Children Of Bodom" or "Hatebreeder" are good too since they both end after solos.

3. mocobhc

mocobhc Member

Good album, enjoying it more than the last two. Platitudes... and Hexed immediately got me hooked, This Road and Hecate's Nightmare are nice as well. But thank heavens original Knuckleduster didn't sound like this versions...

4. COB-666

COB-666 Member

Alexi is VERY skinny. :/

2012-2014
    [​IMG]
    2015-2017
    [​IMG]

Well... 2017 is maybe "OK", but now?!
    [​IMG]

5. tragician

tragician Hermotriekaleina22/7

i mean he just said in an interview that he's tired of the rumours and comments about his looks and he doesn't have an eating disorder....
    But I really am getting worried about him. Maybe it's not anorexia or anything but what I remember from interviews through the years he's never eaten very well. Overall he seems a lot happier than he's ever been but he keeps getting skinnier... And well he didn't have an alcohol problem in his own opinion before he was hospitalized. Touring life is stressful as hell I really hope everything's ok!!

COB-666 likes this.
  6. Norbix

Norbix Member

Yeah that is not normal. Doesn't he force himself to puke? I think I saw that in one of the documentaries or something. Even his face looks too thin.

He can be tired of rumors and comments but what do you expect when you look like the wind is gonna break you.

tragician and COB-666 like this.
  7. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Yeah, he doesn't like to eat... he said in a cooking video, he always looked to that as a waste of time.

COB-666 likes this.
  8. tragician

No that puking in the documentaries is just hangover... But having anxiety issues and a stressful job can really affect your appetite...

I don't think ge said eating is a waste of time just that he's not sure what to eat and he doesn't have the time and is shit at cooking. And I remember in like 2004 already Jaska said Alexi barely eats anything. Could be EDNOS it's hard to notice because it's not a specific eating disorder but kind of a mix of them.

But I'm sure he gets weight related comments from his friends and family by now so we'll see. The guy is just so fuckin stubborn he's not gonna accept any advice before he gets scared to it :D We saw that with the alcohol

#1648 tragician, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    COB-666 likes this.
  9. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Well to say something positive about his looks... I really like how his hair turned out after cutting it shorter in 2013 :D I actually didn't notice how skinny he got at Wacken last year, hope he feels good and is able to gain a bit more weight over the upcoming months. Want to see him in good shape later this year!

tragician and NoLimit like this.
  10. CharIie

Just a quick question, does anyone know what the CKY Laiho carved on his guitar stands for? It's really weird that's he would destroy one of his ax without a good and meaningful reason.

11. tragician

It's a because of a band called CKY

NewHewkas likes this.
  12. CharIie

Is this serious?

13. tragician

Yes
    He carved that into the guitar around that time when CKY was kind of a big deal? I haven't heard anything of them in ages but I remember seeing a video where it shows that Alexi's friends with Bam Margera who's associated with CKY? They were featured on the same CD too some Bam Margera deal I can't remember bc I don't really care about Bam lol

14. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

Yes Tragician is right. Alexi is a huge CKY fan. He also has a CKY sticker at the back of that same guitar.

Attached Files:

15. CharIie

I think it's really a shame to have destroyed such an amazing guitar. I think it's the best looking of all, and it's makes me fret to see this... (pun intended)

tragician likes this.
  16. tragician

Nah I think the pink one is my favorite guitar I'd buy one even if I suck at playing guitar :D I'm just a bass player. But I get it like if I saw someone scratching a thunderbird I'd be so mad
    BUT that sticker om the guitar is the cover of an Andrew WK album called I Get Wet and that's the album where that She Is Beautiful cover song is

#1656 tragician, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  17. NewHewkas

Well, that's a WK sticker isn't it? Anyway, I felt ashamed when I chipped my RR24 back in the day a bit, it seems Alexi doesn't cares about edges at all anymore. I don't count the carvings just the edges. Still I would stay with stickers instead of carving. (I wonder why he cared about the Stone guitar, as it was in a relatively excellent conditon during the ownership)

18. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

Yes my bad, I wanted to write Andrew WK but got the bands mixed up.

19. Zman

Zman O.X.Y.

He used to throw them around on stage so that explains how they end up beaten. The worst being his Katakana, there's a hole in the longer wing so he had to tape it to make sure it would stay on the guitar.

20. NewHewkas

Well, if you are being endorsed and company throws at you tons of guitars, you may start to care about them as much as the first ones you bought on your own hard earned money. Also the "soul-bound" disappears or at least reduces (although afaik the Scythe and the Arrow are the favourites)