This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by RICJAMES, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

I would go with the 16 songs setlist based on the HoB and IWC Eu Tour :)

1. Kick in the Spleen. Completly agree that would be a nice banger to open the set!
    2. Bodom Beach Terror.
    3. In Your Face. Nice transition for Alexi to talk to the crowd like he always does and introduce the next song.
    4. Follow The Reaper.
    5. Silent Night Bodom Night. Haven't heard that one in quite a while.
    6. Everytime I Die. Few faster songs so time to kick out ADK, pretty oldschool yet.
    7. Under Grass and Clover. They love the singles lol
    8. Shovel Knockout. Would love to hear that live again :(
    9. Hecates Nightmare. Mooore Hexed
    10. Hate Me. Time for a classic.
    11. Glass Houses. Would fit since it sounds Neo Classical
    12. Suicide Bomber. Tried to use different albums.
    13. Platitudes. Even more Hexed and I love it.
    14. Hexed or Soon Departed to end the set of the -> Hexed <- Tour not "Same Setlist like always feat. the Hexed Singles

Encore:
    15. Children of Decadence.
    16. Downfall or Hatebreeder.

Thanks @Norbix was a cool idea :D

2. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

I don't think he's a fan of the band CKY as much as the whole skating/jackass/Bam Margera thing. They had a series of films also named CKY where a bunch of stupid shit would happen,

mrs.bodOm likes this.
  3. Woffer

Woffer Member

That's what I was saying earlier. It struck me as soon as he hit the stage, I was like "fuuck", I legitimately feel bad for the dude. I really, really hope he's ok and gets better soon.

tragician and COB-666 like this.
  4. NoLimit

NoLimit New Metal Member

So I finally listened to this new record. I had it for a while but wanted to really concentrate and cherish it. Because I love this band. A LOT.

At first I was unsure what to expect. Hearing 'Under Grass and Clover' as a promo, I was a bit put off at that moment. My impression is that they were just doing more Andrew W.K. stuff, and that i hoped the record wasn't watered down simplicity.

I should have know better. They would never write a dull record. The band is just far too good at what they do - being superb musicians.

-I started on my normal table top stereo. I use this as a reference setup. 'The Road' hits and i'm immediately aware of the fact that these guys have yet again raised the bar on production, writing, counterpoint, mixing, rhythm breaks, and tones. I had to listen to the rest on my HS5's. The sound was so inspiring, i lifted them off the desk to get the best possible impression.

The vocal phrasing, which Alexi has been doing forever, as been rhythmically improving as he ages. A lot of people wouldn't understand this, but his actual rhythm on the vocal phrasing is like an instrument of its own. His gutteral style is of course legacy.

Anywayz, this record is amazing. I hear some stone influence in there. I think Daniel really kicked the band up in writing.... the stereo guitars are awesome sounding. I had to push the bass up - which is a good thing because too many stereos and headphones are bass biased now and its fucking lame. (beats, bose, etc) Janne slayed on this record even more than before. The patches he used were fucking DIALED. The solos were very well placed.. there is nothing forced about the arrangement or actual solos. Henkka of course holds the foundation, his tones varied with some roaring cut through and other parts with the mids and highs rolled back. And Jasaka... fuck. What a blessing to have such a consistently reliable drummer. The upbeat switches are placed well... also the accents, fills. Fuck. What a band.

And here I am, falling back in love with my favorite metal band. I just was curious to see when they come around and BOOM they will be here next Friday. I gotta get permission from my slavemaster boss to go, but i'm not taking no for an answer.

In regards to the subject of Alexi's appearance... I think Finns don't talk openly about things quite enough. Look at their tour schedule. Look at the drive time. Holy shit, to be playing this music at his age is like being an athlete. What happens when 1... just 1 person gets sick in their crew? They all have to play sick until they get better. That is so gnarly. Alexi is tough as nails. I've met him... i've look into his eyes and shook his hand. He's very cognizant of life and what' s going on around him. I just really hope that they have a great tour, have fun and make lots of money. I didn't realize they would be crushing it in Russia so long. I bet the Russians fucking love them. We all love them! The Asian dates must be in 2020?

COBHC

oh. and the freakin Artwork too? So sick. I can't wait to get a shirt

#1664 NoLimit, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Sinthoras_96, COB-666 and tragician like this.
  5. Deadman5hadow

Deadman5hadow Member

In the Track by track videos, Alexi stated that he would love to play Kick in Spleen live.. would he give it a chance?

COB-666 likes this.
  6. Norbix

Norbix Member

Definitely. The only reason they're playing the singles is because they were released sooner so more people recognize them. They're probably waiting for enough time to pass by for the masses to fully digest the album before they start playing the other songs.

COB-666 likes this.
  7. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

You guys don't see it yet cos you're under the awe of new material, but the only thing that will remain of this album is big thank you for bringing Knuckleduster finally to the daylight. The other songs are just an excuse to put it out there, and will not withstand the teeth of time.

8. tragician

tragician Hermotriekaleina22/7

Sure like they seem very proud of this album and it's #1 on the charts in finland but it's because of one old song okay :D I'm pretty sure at least Platitudes will stay on the live sets.

9. CharIie

CharIie Formerly known as Joker and IDontKnowWhatToWrite

I have to disagree with you on this one Joonas. This album is gold, much better than many things Bodom released before. There are lots of songs on this album that will be remembered a classics in the years to come. Also, the new version of Knuckleduster is but a funny bonus track, but the original was better and therefore there is nothing to thanks the band for.

10. COB-666

COB-666 Member

" There are lots of songs on this album that will be remembered a classics in the years to come. "
    I don't think so. There are lots of good songs on this album, but not classics. ( I think (!) and sadly. )

11. Norbix

Norbix Member

Now that you mention it, no, none of these songs will be classics. Now that the initial hype has worn off I really don't know how to rank this album against the modern COB albums. Hexed will not have any classics but they're all so damn solid. I'd rather listen to Hexed all the way through but if I had to pick one or two songs to listen to they wouldn't be from Hexed. I think by the time the next album rolls around none of Hexed will be played live anymore.

The heavier and thicker Alexi's sound gets the less lead guitar he writes. I think he should write the next album with the classic Jackson/Lee-Jackson premap setup. When you have a guitar tone that's fat and heavy, you cannot resist doing chugga chugga heavy stuff on it. On the other hand, when you have a smooth and creamy tone you cannot resist playing leads.

<Arcane> likes this.
  12. (__Joonas__)

They should play Knuckleduster and Hecate's Nightmare live, and keep switching third one between Glass Houses and other songs.

13. Hatebreeder01

Hatebreeder01 Member

Great post. I wasn't going to listen to this album anymore, see my previous post for info.
    Reading this though I'll give it another shot.

14. (__Joonas__)

Atm I like Glass Houses most out of the new songs, cos that harmony is like the best stuff they used to do, too bad it's so short. The song has some ingredients to be epic, but it turns into unnecessary riffing and growling.

15. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

After all the euphory is gone, here's my new voting for the songs.

01. This Road 6/10
    02. UGAC 2/10
    03. Glass 6/10
    04. Hecates 4/10
    05. Kick in 5/10
    06. PABW 7/10
    07. Hexed 7/10
    08. Relapse 7/10
    09. Say Never 7/10
    10. Soon Departed 8/10
    11. Knuckleduster 6/10

My main problem with this album is, that it gets boring really fast and that there is nothing memorable except the outro of Hexed, the bridge of Say Never Look Back and the chorus of Soon Departed.
    At first I thought it is a solid album but now I skip more than half of the songs.

If only I would go after my votes, it would be a solid 6 of 10 album. But it's also the most repetitive album with propably the most boring and recycled solos and I expected something more after they get Daniel in the boat. So it's only a 4,5/10.

16. rj rl

rj rl multidimensionally dyslexic

Felling the same. I go for a walk, put on the album, it's mildly decent and I just find myself switching to something else cause I want something more interesting and fresh.

17. (__Joonas__)

That's it? Hexed = forgotten.

18. COB-666

COB-666 Member

" I got Aaron back in the crypt! This time we get his take on Lords of Chaos, we talk about the epic Bodom show we saw in Detroit on Monday. We also discuss some recent studies that have been done on the effects of Death Metal. Horns Up! "

19. Woltimon

Woltimon Member

Well Hexed isn't dead to me, to still listen to this album every day mostly more than once... I absolutely love it :)

In the meanwhile I'm waiting for them to announce the European Tour dates. Hope they decide to put more songs from Hexed on the setlist then and I need Alexi to eat some more over the next months :yow:

P4T0U likes this.
  20. P4T0U

P4T0U Member

Same!

Woltimon likes this.