This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Amaranthe

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by WorldOfSilence, Aug 10, 2018.

1. WorldOfSilence

WorldOfSilence New Metal Member

Amaranthe have released the first single "365" off their fifth album.

http://loudwire.com/amaranthe-365-video-new-song/

Good - its heavier than Maximalism. Reminds me most of Mechanical Illusion.

Bad - its nothing particularly new or ground breaking. It would be nice after four identical albums for them to evolve their sound a little. Its also pretty much an Elize song. Remember when Amaranthe used to have three vocalists?

2. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

Amarnthe still has 3 singers. They added the guy from Dynazty as the male clean singer.

3. WorldOfSilence

WorldOfSilence New Metal Member

He sings about three lines in the new song. Elize has gradually been taking more and more of the singing, which is a shame because the three vocalist dynamic was one of the best part of their early albums. I suspect Elize is pushed for reasons beyond just her singing ability.

4. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

Elize is easy to look at! lol

5. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

6. BrandSpragins

BrandSpragins Member

Sounds good - I kinda like that Elize is taking the spotlight. I love her voice and wish she would have some solo songs.

7. Charlie Dudley

Charlie Dudley So where do we begin and what else can we say?

I don't really like this particular song. There is very little melody and it almost sounds hip hop/rock in spots which is not a good look. Hopefully this is like their last album where their first single was really mediocre but the overall record was solid.

8. Regor

Regor Regor:1 Cancer:0

<menonfilm>
    HATED IT
    </menonfilm>

I mean c'mon! This sounds NOTHING like Amaranthe! I agree with the whole "remember when they had 3 vocalists" thing. That's what I loved about Amaranthe. It was unique. This, sounds like every other garbage djent band out there (...and I LIKE djent!).

"Hey, let's catch new ears.
    Ok, how?
    What's all the other hot bands doing right now?
    Tuning their guitars to Rb
    Ok, let's do that too!"

Ugh! Sounds like shite! I sure hope the entire album doesn't sound like this. I was happy that Maximalism didn't entirely sound like "That Song" so I'm hoping for the same here.

9. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Eh, I felt Amaranthe ran out of ideas a couple of albums ago. While the three vocalist idea is cool, they don't really do anything interesting with it. It just feels like they fall into the same patterns.

10. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

11. adaher

adaher Member

First, the albums do not all sound the same. Elize is taking on more and more of the vocals, but that's fine because she's become the attraction. I realize that metal fans probably aren't getting 100% of what they want from this band because they have a broader audience, but what they are doing is helping to grow that broader audience. My favorite album is still the Nexus, but until they decide to get rid of guitars and sound like Selena Gomez I'm all in.

12. Charlie Dudley

Charlie Dudley So where do we begin and what else can we say?

The most recent albums have become more of a focus on Elize, for sure. It used to be a balance between her and Jake with the harmonies between the two and now, all of the harmonies are with herself. While I do miss the harmonies with her and Jake the band has matured into a more than just metal type band. In fact, you could easily take the harsh vocals off any of their last couple singles and they could have mainstream potential. Additionally, the song "Inferno" that was just released today has a definite hip hop/metal vibe to it, which while admittedly is not my wheelhouse it's pretty dang good. It's not rap by any stretch of the imagine but it's fast and catchy which is completely where they are as a group I believe.

13. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder