This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Amorphis album

Discussion in 'Amorphis (Unofficial)' started by Eurynome, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Luoto

Luoto Member

The only change I'd make into the track order is a swap between Hopeless Days and Nightbird's Song. That way it would just flow better.

From what I've observed, there are three clear standout tracks among this forum (SoG, Mission, Nightbird). Most interesting poll configuration would probably be to divide the album in two, though we could still include the standard one.

2. Korpin_Laulu

Korpin_Laulu New Metal Member

I SO agree with you! If I could buy His Story and New Song separately, I would.

3. season1234

season1234 Member

Yes, I made it to a certain point in the registration process with amazon japan as well and had to stop - Annoying. There was a post above indicating that even if you are registered, you have to have a Japanese credit card/form of payment to buy the songs anyways!

I use Spotify all of the time here in San Diego, but you are correct...there are restrictions put in place and His Story is not available in America.

4. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

Guys, look for someone in Japan who could help you out. You can figure out the rest for yourself...

And, no, spotify is not available even in all European countries.

5. Tiiti

Tiiti Member

Indeed.
    "I will never eat a hamburger made by a fan anymore." :loco:
    "And guess what? It tasted like a hamburger." :eek:

:lol::lol:

6. gaz

gaz Stargazer

I got my CD from CD Japan today, why bother with Amazon Japan at all ?
    CD japan you of course have to register, but can pay via paypal.
    More importantly is all in English!

New song is very good would not have been out of place musically on Circle, not sure the lyrics fit though.
    It has a strong folk/Celtic melody throughout and is well worth getting.

7. Brother_Moon1

Brother_Moon1 Member

a friend of mine that bought one of the 500 pieces of nuclear blast,sent me my future and illussions.

My future is a long song(7.00) a mid-tempo one,only clean vocals,with a nice long keyborad/guitar solo in the middle.nothing special,i just liked it

Illusions is a classic amorphis song-growls first,and the chorus with clean vocals,quite catchy chorus.Good song,nothing more nothing less.What is weird is that it ends so suddelny,i do not know if it is like that,or a mistake happened when my friend sent me the song:lol:

8. Red King

Red King New Metal Member

Can someone give a brief review of the Circle documentary?

9. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

You of all people should have received an advance copy. [​IMG]

Finally got around to watching it and found it a good deal more entertaining and informative than I expected. Seeing a forum member was a particularly cool surprise. Not too many snippets from the actual recordings, but plenty of detail on Nightbird's Song. Apart from that, my favorite passages were the interview with Pekka Kainulainen and Sande playing the church organ. That's one awesome instrument for sure.

10. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

Denis swore me to secrecy in a Black Metal ritual. I did not want the Deerman to visit me in the middle of the night to take my soul to Pohjola.

[ETA] Besides, after seeing a bunch of you on the Forging DVD and the From the Heaven of My Heart video, I was feeling left out.

11. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

Methinks your soul was sworn to Pohjola before you were even born. :)

Welcome to the club! :D

12. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

Here's the so far most blatant attempt at marketing the album to Housewife & Hubby (the partnership between Bild and Metal Hammer is embarrassing in itself, but if you scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll find that they're owned by the same big corporation :puke: ).

13. xptrinity

xptrinity Spammer

Not bad, but could have been better. I would have loved to see a segment with Peter as well - he's referred to all the time, but doesn't say a word himself.
    Also, I could have easily lived without the blatant product placement of a shit Mexican beer. - Find it hard to believe that the guys drink it out of their own accord, especially if they have fine Finnish beers readily available.

14. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

Yeah, having sponsors isn't forbidden but being over-obvious about it is counterproductive. :p

The album just entered the Finnish charts at #1, not much competition this time but nonetheless a welcome sight. :)

15. Saara

Saara Member

I know Circle is not so Kalevala stuff like before, the characters and of who songs are written. But I can't be not thinking of Kullervo of Kalevala everytime I hear Hopeless Days.

16. Saara

Saara Member

The album just entered the Finnish charts at #1, not much competition this time but nonetheless a welcome sight. :)[/QUOTE]
    Yessss! The album is better and better the more I listen to it. Great work of Amo-team. I am happy. :)

17. gaz

gaz Stargazer

I now have all the bonus tracks and to be honest, if they were all officially part of Circle, I wouldn't be complaining at all.
    'My Future', in particular could be one of Amorphis best songs ever.
    Let's hope NB milk the cash cow again with these songs and make them infinitely (officially) more accessible to everyone.

18. AMRPHIS

AMRPHIS Member

Yep. If there was My Future, Illusions and New Song in Circle instead of Hopeless Days, Narrowpath and New Day, it would've been better or equal to Eclipse, greatest album ever. But on the other hand now we have more songs to listen! I just hate these arrange decisions they made :err:

19. Eurynome

Eurynome Kukkahattutäti

They even made the UK rock charts. Not bad indeed. Here in Finland, we don't have separate charts for different genres...

20. tuonelan

tuonelan Mostly Harmless

The eagles have landed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

European version is packaged in a box with a poster and two cardstock sleeves and some NB ads.

US version is a foldout with two plastic disk inserts and the booklet in the panel between the CD and DVD.

Holding off on listening until Mrs. Tuonelan gets back from teaching class. :headbang: