This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Architects album "All Our Gods Have Abandoned Us" (Studio Fredman/Henrik Udd mix)

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Lexiconarium, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Lexiconarium

Lexiconarium New Metal Member

I know the forum loved Henrik Udd's amazing mix on the band's previous album, they've just put out a new single from their upcoming album, also recorded, mixed and mastered by Henrik.

First thing I noticed was how massive the bass, and the low-end in general is, especially the bass guitar in the verses (the notes around 1:00 especially). I think I prefer the slightly smoother, warmer guitar tone from Lost Forever // Lost Together, though.

What do you guys think of the mix?

2. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

I think it sounds awesome. I think it's one of the best Henke mixes I've heard. Massive, smooth and crazy good lowend (y)

DanLights likes this.
  3. AntonioPetrole

The mix sounds huge, so much separation between elements as well yet it's still super glued. Not crazy on the song itself (I LOVED Lost Together/Lost Forever) only because it's pretty much the same formula for all of Lost Together/Lost Forever, but it's still good.

Side note, loving that Mayones in the video :worship:

4. He's Dead, Jim

Great except for that horrible kick drum that reminds me of 2007 metalcore bands. And the goofy, way-too-on-the-nose political shit, but that's Architects for you.

5. Alphanumeric

Alphanumeric Member

The ultra clicky kick, why :I

6. Lexiconarium

A couple of new songs.

The second one has a good 15-second section where you just hear bass (that low G#!) and drums, cool tone there.

What do you guys think of the mix? Henrik Udd at the board, like the last album.

7. Delitzsch

Delitzsch Führendes Mitglied

Was jamming this just yesterday. It's a great mix as usual. The music itself, though, isn't anything to write home about.

8. DanLights

DanLights Santa Hat Forever

Just received my copy in the mail, gonna lsiten to the whole thing today. So far with the singles I love the mix (that bass, super deep and tight), snare is a bit too obviously replaced as is kick, but it doesn't distract too much from the whole thing. It seems to be following the formula on LFLT way too closely though, so I'm not sure if I'll love it or get bored quickly with it.

9. crillemannen

crillemannen Member

I think Henke is the best clean mixer out there for that type of music. If you want super clean, punchy, (somewhat artificial which don't have to be a negative thing though) he is the man!

Really cool that he achieves those results totally in the box.

10. DanLights

Yeah, love at first listen. It's not nearly as repetitive as I thought it would be, the songs are unique and powerful in their own way. This is gonna be listened to A LOT in the near future!

11. Lexiconarium

What do you guys think of the mix, compared to Lost Forever // Lost Together? Gravedigger from that album went right into my reference folder after my first listen of the album, not sure whether something from this new album is going to replace it, yet!

12. Nuno Filipe

Nuno Filipe You talkin' to me?

I heard it days ago and it´s a great mix, no doubt but I think the low end it´s a bit too much, too heavy. As for the music, I liked but in the end sounded a bit repetitive, there isnt much diversion there, nothing sticks out in the memory. Its a bit on the boring side.

13. DanLights

The low end on this one is SO massive that I wouldn't even use it as a reference cause I would just be figthing a losing battle trying to reference that! The drums could be a perfect reference for similar styles though, although I don't think they top (or are too different from) Lost Forever