This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New label plans?

Discussion in 'Wolverine' started by batmura, May 31, 2007.

1. batmura

batmura Sea of Tranquility

Hey Stefan,

Ever since Earache and Wolverine parted ways, it took you guys quite a while to get Still released and distributed. I was wondering if your deal with Candlelight was just for one disc or if you're still contracted to them. Even though I may be wrong, Candlelight and Wolverine seem like an odd combination (not that Earache was like a better suited "home" for you guys anyway).

Have you ever thought of talking to other labels, such as Inside Out or Lion Music perhaps? Considering the roster on IO, I think Wolverine would make a killer addition, and seriously, I can't imagine their not being interested in signing Wolverine.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this matter unless it's a taboo subject for you.

Cheers!

2. Domine

Domine Member

There are no plans for a new label right now. Inside Out has been approached by us in the past but without result. I agree though that we could be a fitting addition to their lineup of bands.

Candlelight may seem like a strange fit for us but truth is that I have nothing but positive things to say about them, so far. The last two words are added since I don't know how many times we've been let down by people we trusted in this business... Sure it would be nice to be on a label that is more progoriented but I think Candlelight did a great job with "Still".

We'll see how the future evolves but as I said, right now there are no plans of switching label.