This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

new song..need opinions on mix!!!

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by MX582, Mar 19, 2007.

1. MX582

MX582 Member

2. LSD-Studio

LSD-Studio HCAF crusher

first of all I think it doesn't sound bad at all, and I'm at home right now, so I'm listening only with headphones.
    some comments anyway, hope it helps.

I think there's too much bottom-snare in the mix, sounds almost like broken snare-cords or so.
    the kick could use some "smack", so you don't have to turn it that load, it already starts fucking with the compressor I think.
    there are some clips/crackles (esp. on tome tom-fills) the leadguitar in the beginning is awful..I'd delete or replace it ;)
    in total a bit too much compression on the 2bus/mastering i think (or just bad attack/release times), it's pumping here and there.
    try editing a bit in the parts like around 2:40, there's a ringing, that could be annoying to some (to me;) )

it sounds like a beginner band to me (timing issues etc), and i think you did a good job
    I like the sounds of the single instruments (esp. vox) and the tune.
    as i said, the mix is not bad, just some minor isseus that could be improved.

as i said, i listened just once with headphones and typed "on-the-fly", so i might be totally off ;)

3. MX582

MX582 Member

hey thanks for the reply! yea the snare definatly has too much bottom snare now that im listening to it this morning with fresh ears. i dont think the band will let me delete that lead part in the beginning..o well. and as far as the clicks n shit with the toms..i think thats from beat detecting :puke:

i tried to master it will some McDSP plug ins (since i dont have any decent outboard gear to master with) and i think the compressor is killing the mix. the actual mix (before i mastered it) sounded alot more "open"

i need an alan smart C2 :cry:

4. LSD-Studio

LSD-Studio HCAF crusher

hehe, who doesn't? ;)

I don't have any outboardgear either, I'm doing most of my masterings with waves/GClip/Ozone

I'd like to have a TC Finalizer to compliment/replace those plugins though