This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Strapping Young Lad Mp3

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by Mendel, Jun 1, 2006.

1. prowlergrig

prowlergrig AnoThoR Fan

haha love the iron maiden coda in far beyond metal :headbang:

great album

2. Torniojaws

Torniojaws They call me Juha

Too bad they had the album come out at the same time with Front Line Assembly's new album. Granted, two entirely different genres, but FLA is absolutely the clearest #1 album for me this year right away. It's the masterpiece of 2006 for me just like Ulver's Blood Inside was last year :)

3. Tym_ex

Tym_ex Tymon

Do you have any proof of this? Not that I don't believe you but I have a discussion with a drumming friend who says there's definitely triggers on the new SYL. I already tried searching for interviews with Gene but he never speaks about triggers.

4. gumplunger

gumplunger Member

There's a studio diary thing on SYL's site, I do believe he talks about his drum sounds there. Mostly about how he used his Pearl set for this record instead of the Ayotte set he used for Alien to get the drum sound he really wanted (why would he say this if the drum sounds were going to be triggered and thus not have anything to do with the sound of the set). But really, those drums don't sound triggered at all, like I said - by far the most natural sounding that SYL has done.

5. Black neon bob

Agreed.. they really sound the most natural i have ever heard coming from SYL...

Well, there is one song where i think they left out triggers, and that's "japan" from the live in australia disc...