This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Tad Morose teaser

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by MetalAges, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Comic Book Dude

Comic Book Dude Rockin'

This sounds great to me....even though I'm an Urban "fanboy", I really like what I hear from the new singer. He sounds like a cross between Ripper and Dan Heiman. This will definitely be on my must-buy list.

2. The Fiddler

The Fiddler Just Do It.

+1

3. Imajica

Imajica Member

Great song. Im really loving it. Can't wait to get my hands on the CD.

4. eppst1

eppst1 Member

This may be a no "duh" but it sounds just like Steel Attack (the singers other band) to me. It sounds good, but like Exar said, doesn't have that Tad feeling. Maybe because of no Urban?

5. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

Now that I have heard the whole song I actually like the singer a lot... sure he sounds like Ripper ... will definitely check this out.

6. No Username

No Username Member

No Urban==No Sale.

7. Snowmaker

Snowmaker GO BLUE!!

Cool, I thought Tad Morose was long gone. I'll have to give this a listen.

Glad to see a second coming of them, even without Urban. He's good in Trail of Murder though, so now we'll have 2 good bands.

8. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

No comments.

9. labrekk

labrekk Member

This.

10. Wayniac

Wayniac Member

+1
    Huge fan of that line-up. Was lucky enough to tech for them at the Chicago show the year after they played PPUSA, for a mini tour when Joe C replaced Urban.

Glad to see they are back - I love Urban in ToM, and I really like this Tad release. It took a few listens - much like when I first heard Zak with Savatage - it was different - but good.

Hope to catch these guys live. :headbang:

11. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

It's worth noting that it just isn't Urban who's gone, it's also Daniel and Anders.

12. eppst1

eppst1 Member

Ah... that explains the different feeling to the band a little more. Just thought Urban left.

13. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

Hi, Wayniac!

That Tad Morose set in the Chicago area was pretty badass! I remember it to this day. However, and I'm sure Urban can attest to this, Joe Comeau was not yet in the band when they played that show. It was actually a one-off show performed when Urban was still in the band, as they were one of the co-headliners for Chicago Powerfest 2005. If you had seen the band with Comeau, I would love to know where and when as well as how the band sounded. I always thought it would have been interesting to hear what kind of output the Swedes could have released with the former Liege Lord singer.

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

14. MetalSeamstress

First of all Tad Morose in the past, is in the past of whom we all loved. So
    accept that they have all moved on to other projects or life in general in the years between....other then Christer who is one the main men of the band that has resurrected the band from yrs ago today with new plans for old and new fans....so we shall see what hails from the tombs.....of Tad Morose of today.

15. Urban breed

Urban breed Member

Wayne knows this. He was just a bit too lazy to type "...after they played PPUSA," and then "for a mini tour"

I believe the shows with Joe that he's talking about were Karmøygeddon, Norway, something in Gävle, Sweden and Gothenburg Metal Festival, Sweden. I saw the Gothenburg show. Joe did all right. :)

16. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

Urban was the reason I got into this band to begin with! The Urban era albums I still spin regularly to this day. I just can't get excited about this without him, sorry.

~Brian~

17. labrekk

labrekk Member

18. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

I didn't care for this guys voice at first...but now after hearing multiple songs he has really started to grow on me...

19. DustyV

DustyV Member

Wow! I think it's awesome!!! I really like the vocals. They have quite a bit of anger and power which really compliments the music. Some nice catchy epic choruses scattered throughout......I'm all over this when it's released tomorrow.....

I love Urban in TM as much as the next guy, but band members change, it happens, and the band sounds pissed off and angrier than ever...... :)

20. Rider of Theli

Rider of Theli The Hellequin

my physical copy of the cd arrived yesterday. I jammed with it to and from work today. And I must say that this is definitely a darker, heavier side of Tad Morose. I'm digging the album from start to finish. There are a few standout tracks that have my head banging and horns thrown.

But, this is not the Tad Morose I know and love from 10+ years ago. With all due respect, I kinda wish Krunt and Peter would have just renamed this project something else entirely. Because it's one thing for a few band members to come and go over the years, but to change your sound in such a drastic (albeit GREAT) way, is just... well, disconcerting.

Again, I'm enjoying this album. But I kinda wish they kept the sound from the last three albums that endeared me to the Tad Morose that I came to know thanks to PPUSA. :worship: