This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Toxik songs released....

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by eppst1, Dec 27, 2014.

1. eppst1

eppst1 Member

Sounds great! :kickass:

#1 eppst1, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. eppst1

eppst1 Member

Little surprised no one seems to like these guys. Always thought these guys were one of the better tech/thrash bands to come out in the late 80's.

Looking forward to this.

3. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

not impressed at all. Loved the first album. Didn't care much for the second one. Will need to hear more before picking up the new one. I agree....they were one of the better tech thrash acts back then.

4. Pelata

Pelata FINAL SIGN

I think Ralph Santolla played the solos on the new album...but he ended up not being in the band.

5. Arabianhazard

Arabianhazard I, the Witchfinder.

I love these guys, but I'm not digging what I'm hearing so far. Hopefully it grows on me.

6. Keir

Keir Member

I agree with that, but the tracks you posted didn't excite me.

7. TempleOfBlood

TempleOfBlood Member

Great band!

New drummer and bassist sound great!

I knew Santolla was supposed to be in the band and is really awesome but why would they need him to play all the solos on the album? Christian is more than capable. I assume Santolla is not playing with them because he is in FL and they are in NY. Just not enough money in this kind of music to fly back and forth for all these shows.

8. eppst1

eppst1 Member

Completely understandable. Maybe you'll like other tracks they release. I'd like to see these guys live in the near future.

9. Smc316

Smc316 Resident

Think This and World Circus are two of the greatest metal albums ever released. Even though i'm not crazy about these new songs(really, 99% of 80's thrash bands release turds or mediocrity fests post-90's) i'll still see these guys every chance I get.

Honestly, I was always a bit confused by the fact Glenn has never had a prog-thrash band like Toxik on the fest. (The few times he gets a thrash band, like Overkill and Forbidden, they're the furthest thing from prog. Glenn loves to troll us. :D )

It'll be interesting to see if these guys are able to "come back" at all, or if they'll always just be a nostalgia act that random Euro fests will book. Pumped to see what the future holds. :)

10. Keir

Keir Member

They did some east coast shows last year. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go to any of them.

11. mattbrood

mattbrood PPUSA Facebook *****

:kickass:

12. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

sadly they will be a nostalgia act for Euro fest and a few local shows here and there sadly