This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Within Temptation single

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by ratanda, Sep 30, 2009.

1. ratanda

ratanda Member

I knew they would gravitate to this kind of sound eventually but I didn't think to this degree!

:(

#1 ratanda, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2015
  2. yoshi14

yoshi14 Magnitude 9 Fan

:yuk: Never thought i'd see the day when i was repulsed by a within temptation song..... i really hope this is not representative of their future album

3. Osiris' Eyes

Osiris' Eyes El Duderino

Awful...and I'm a fan of WT! I realize I live under the proverbial rock when it comes to "pop" music...but who is this Chris Jones fella? He sounds like someone that would front 3 Doors Blind or Third Eye Down or whatever the name...ugh!!! Currently looking through iPod for Mother Earth to rinse the bad taste that song gave. :puke:

4. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Oh my god.

This is just horrible. They may as well start touring with Toby Keith. It sounds like a cheesy power-country ballad.

This is so bad, it's embarrassing for the band.

5. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

Some guy from England. www.myspace.com/chrisjonesvocal
    Apparently sang the lyrics on the #1 dance song from last year.

And yeah, I do not like the song at all. Hopefully it's just the single that is like this.

6. Rycher

Rycher Oskee Wow Wow!

Uh, you guys do realize that this is from their forthcoming live acoustic album, don't you?

I can't say that I'm a fan of the song, but I really don't think there's any reason to be concerned about them changing their style 100%.

7. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

I dunno...... Sappy ballad aside, I thought it was pretty good! :p

Again though..... This is from an ACOUSTIC LIVE ALBUM, so I wouldn't expect the next studio album to sound like this.

NP - Lanfear "Zero Poems"

8. ratanda

ratanda Member

"Uh" no I didn't realize that. Thanks for pointing that out though. Even if the songs on their new studio album do not sound like this, I think it gives us some warning of what to expect.

9. BlackRoseMetalHeart

BlackRoseMetalHeart Metal Mistress

I could say it was "pretty good" if it wasn't Within Temptation. From them I have come to expect a bit more.

Although I love tracks from Mother Earth, I like each new studio album more and more. (Love Silent Force! Love The Heart of Everything!) Knowing this is from the acoustic live album allows me to cut them a little more slack. It's not a bad song, just a bit too pop-country for what I want to hear from Within Temptation. With the economy affecting so many and a buying public dwindling, it doesn't surprise me that they are trying to pick up a few more fans by adjusting their style on a single to be more suited to winning over new fans. I hope you're right about the next studio album though, and that they don't gravitate in this direction too much further. The last album attempted to invite more "nu/modern metal" fans into their audience, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are now trying to round in members of the pop/modern country audiences as well. Not saying I'll be happy about it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

10. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

It's OK, nothing to write home about. However it's better than 99.99% of the RAP CRAP you hear on the radio. I hope it does make it to American radio so a lot of the crap they do play can get pushed out.

Would I go out and buy this? No. Not my cup of tea. But I'd rather listen to this than say... any top 40 song on the radio. :)

11. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Not a terrible song for your typical, cheesy, pop ballad, but totally uninspired. And the attempt at a tear-jerking video irritated me. Very cliche. When they showed the tear coming out of that guy's eye, all I could think of was this:
    [​IMG]

12. ratanda

ratanda Member

Did he just say "Dreaming vagina" at 0:26?

Probably not, but the chuckle I received makes up for the bad song.

13. Yippee38

Yippee38 Living the dream!

They've gone pop. No question about it. It's sad though. They could have remained the distinctive band they were, but instead they've chosen to get lost in obscurity with the million other pop bands out there that nobody will remember in 10 years.

14. King Lek

King Lek King of Lekworld

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. AeonicSlumber

OMG NO WANKY SOLOS OR EXCESSIVE DOUBLE BASS AND REPETITIVE CHORD PROGRESSIONS -- KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!

:lol:

idk, I thought it was catchy :(.

16. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

this really isnt much different from what they usual play but this is just acoustic.....the harmonies are there and the vocal style and stuff. It isnt the worst thing out there...I agree...they are more and more going mainstream which will ultimatly destroy them over here. But then again...when they played Chicago a few years back...it was all college girls and frat boy types at the show. It confused me....since it isnt like they are played on Mtv or anything.

it isnt a great song but far from the worst thing out there.

17. Rezz

Rezz Member

I rather like it. I'm sure it isn't incicative of their next studio effort, but it's a catchy tune. I hope it does get them some recognition here in the states because then they might just tour here again.

18. BlackRoseMetalHeart

BlackRoseMetalHeart Metal Mistress

It was very much the same when they played here in Baltimore, but I heard the single "What Have You Done" got a lot of airplay on our local "rock and metal" station. The venue was also in Towson (a college area of the city) so a lot of the college crowd shows up there regardless of the show type.

19. zedowns

zedowns Member

Yeah, I thought the same thing. :(

btw, before listening to the song was I the only who thought this was gonna somehow involve Chris Jone's rapping?

20. Claus / Intromental

Claus / Intromental 20 years of uniting the powers of metal

That's one really well-written song. I love it!

c.