This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nightmare- anyone fans?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by VenomGA, Sep 28, 2009.

1. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

Anyone fans of this French Power metal band? They have been around forever (first album was 25 years ago) and I had never heard of them until a buddy of mine sent me their Dominion Gate cd for my birthday. I loved it so much I decided to get the new one Insurrection which kicks all kinds of a$$. Nightmare would do really well at a future ProgPower or Showcase. Glenn or Shane, have you ever thought about them?? Thoughts everyone else....

2. eppst1

eppst1 Member

Big fan. Their last few were really good.

I've always wondered why this band gets so little attention on the board.

3. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

solid band....they kind of fall into that Rage / Grave Digger / Running Wild / Paragon group for me. Every disc kind if sounds alike. They are always quaility. Cant wait for the new one....I think it is out in a few weeks.

4. DemonOfTheWoods

DemonOfTheWoods Your option out of here

to quote the open mic host from the Pick of Destiny....

"I FUCKING LOVE THIS BAND"

Awesome traditional metal, and this band has been through alot. if I'm not mistaken, the first albums were 1984 and 1985, then the singer died and they broke up. then they reunited in 1999 with the original drummer singing and his brother playing drums. with each album, one original member left. at this point the only original members are joe amore (original drummer, now the singer) and yves campoin- the bass player.

Nightmare Rules! Hopefully we'll be luck enough to get them at PP one year!

5. DemonOfTheWoods

...and here I thought I was a huge Nightmare fan and I didn't even realize they had a new album.

I need to start paying attention to new releases again. kinda hard when your broke!

6. DEATHZILLA

DEATHZILLA Member

This band is great! One of my must see bands, I would also like to snag a shirt with Genetic Disorders album art on it!

7. DemonOfTheWoods

I swear I saw one of these at PP this year...either someone wearing it or at Exploding Ned's table...

8. modernwizardry

modernwizardry I want stout!

I have a copy of Power of the Universe on vinyl...it's a pretty good album. I haven't heard any of their recent CDs though.

9. RobbVII

RobbVII New Metal Member

The first I heard of these guys was about 6 weeks ago. I was on a trip listening to Pandora Radio and they kept playing stuff off of Genetic Disorder. It stuck out amongst some very good music as something I had to get. When I got home I did a little research and saw they had a newer one, so I picked up Insurrection. This CD is the best I have bought in 2010 by far!! I picked up Genetic Disorder too and it is VERY worth buying, but Insurrection even blows it away. I hear old school Metal Church mixed with parts of Nevermore scattered throughout. I really like how thick and thrashy their music is. Some people dismiss them as just another Power Metal band and those who do that, are missing out on one of the best CDs out in recent times IMO!!

10. Fire breath

Fire breath Member

Cosmovision is a great album from 2001. The singer in this band actually used to be the drummer before he found out he could sing - good job too cause he has a great powerful voice.

11. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

really enjoy this band. My only issue is that every disc sounds alike. They are powerful and it is nice to have some power metal without the high pitch vocals.