This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Now Annette out of Nightwish

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by mëtålspëd, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DuchessOfDork

DuchessOfDork Member

Is that what she did, though? I thought she just made a blog post. Granted, considering how famous she is, even that would be considered a big deal.. however, like everyone else said, I don't think that's all that happened.

I'm still gonna feel bad for her, just because it sucks to be sick (she said she lost hearing in one ear and had the flu...) and then have to go through the drama of being fired. She's probably an emotional wreck right now.

2. ratanda

ratanda Member

That describes just about every time I've met band members after a concert.

3. Dustro25

Dustro25 The Land Of Glerz Cove

You are not off your rocker. As a matter of fact I think you are right on. Floor looked rehearsed and seasoned and the band looked like they had been waiting for this moment. I've seen many first time performance/fill in singers in my life, this was by far the most polished. After about 5 songs they finally introduced Floor in a very simple way, and Floor said 'I dont have words to describe this moment, Im just very happy' and they carried on. They played the rest of the set perfectly, took their bows and made no mention of Anette. Seattle delivered with a huge turn out for a monday night. The venue was packed and people were going nuts for both Nightwish and Kamelot.

As far as Anette goes there is OBVIOUSLY more then meets the eye with this situation. :OMG:

Drive to Portland to see it again tonight?

4. ladyFreyja83

ladyFreyja83 Member

Last night’s show in Seattle was AMAZING! Not only did Floor perform every song perfectly, and with conviction but as always her stage presence was perfect for the occasion. She is a true professional! She never looked like she was reading lyrics or looking for ques, although she didn’t have the same flare she usually has in her stage performances (I’m sure she was more worried about giving a flawless performance), she was leaps and bounds better than anything Anette has ever produced on stage. I have not in recent tours with Anette seen the guys in the band so relaxed and having FUN! It always seemed like they had to 'baby sit' Anette and make sure she didn’t flop. Not the case last night, Tuomas seemed more at ease than ever before. All of them seemed like they had been performing together for years, the chemistry was magical! Floor was definitely rehearsed, and do I blame NW for obviously asking her to be ready, not at all. Every tour they have done with Anette has resulted in some situation at some point and with her dealing with whatever health issue she seems to be going through it makes sense that the band would want to be ready in case a situation like this came up. All the best to Anette and her health but the band is more than just her and there are 4 other members who make a living by their music and any musician can tell you that it’s tough to make it if you don’t tour.

I was introduced to NW with Tarja as the singer; I never got to see her perform live unfortunately. I love the music of the newer albums but always thought Anette’s voice was too weak and whiney for NW. I welcome Floor as a possible new singer with open arms as she is one of my favorite female metal vocalists. Her voice has the power needed for ALL of Nightwish’s songs and she can command the crowd with her stage presence. I hope NW sees this with the response the crowds will give with her on stage. I definitely saw it last night in Seattle!

5. dionysus11

dionysus11 MSTmike3K

She was great,with the band this really sucks a least i got to see them together.

I see a lot of people talking about who should sing for them I'm thinking a guy, maybe Olaf Hayer,or Tim Owens

6. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Tim Owens... in... Nightwish?

7. Dustro25

Dustro25 The Land Of Glerz Cove

:guh: my thoughts exactly. Had to go into the other room and laugh.

8. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I've always wondered what it would feel like to rub my nutsack with sandpaper soaked in Jalapeno juice. Owens in Nightwish is probably a good comparison.

9. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Way to ruin the voicemail I was leaving my mom, dude. I couldn't speak from so much laughing... :lol:

10. Rev. Clayton

Rev. Clayton The Singer

That's what you wonder about when PPUSA is done for the year? No wonder you go into hibernation...

;)

11. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Few clips (too short, dammit) of last night's show:

Can't make much of a judgement but Floor sounds great. I'd love to see them playing with her on vox. And to the old school Nightwish fans, how about Floor Jansen doing The Phantom of the Opera with Russell Allen!??!!?!? (clip from 2008 I believe)

#151 AngraRULES, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  12. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Thank you so much for this review. It gave me chills. I really wish I could see Floor perform with them. What you said was exactly how I imagined she would perform and they would interact with her. I seriously hope they consider her full-time.

Thanks for the clips, AngraRules, though as you said, they are too damn short.

So, again, is ANYONE here going to the New Orleans or Florida shows?

13. nailz

nailz Member

I'm going to the San Francisco show on Wednesday, hopefully procuring a photo pass, and I'll be sure to get some good video footage if possible as well.

14. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

I have a burning desire to make NO. I'm going to ask my wife tonight, and I expect a "die in a fire" look. Having a child sure has made concertgoing much more difficult.

15. Barrister

Barrister Member

Cool! I hope that works out, as I'd love to see your first-rate pics and vids.

16. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Heh, I sure know it. Went through it myself. Now my son is suffering - he lives IN Seattle and Kamelot and Floor are some of his favorite performers. Nope, didn't get to see them, poor guy. I'd live to make that NO show. Still looking into it.

17. Zznwolet

Zznwolet Member

Todd Latorre has been chosen as the new singer in Nightwish. Right after the tour finishes he will begin recording on their next album Operation:imaginaerum II

18. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

...but having sex has made living much easier, yes?

19. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

That all but ends when the child arrives...

20. Clark Griswold

Clark Griswold WallyWorld anyone?

New Orleans is looking really good, barring any court appearance.