This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NS10 Identify help

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by SPLASTiK, Sep 15, 2005.

1. SPLASTiK

SPLASTiK Member

Ok, so I found this guy who lives 10 hours away (and I'm actually driving through there in a couple weeks) and has a pair of NS10's from the late 60's.

Says they work great and he's looking to get $50 Canadian for them! He also has an Soundcraftsmen amp for $225 but I'm a little strapped for cash

The thing is, they aren't the traditional black and white ones you see in all the pictures these days:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/chazl/Me/ns10.jpg

I was talking to an engineer friend and he said he hasn't seen ones with that grille before, but has seen ones similar that were at Little Mountain Studios (Aerosmith, Metallica, AC/DC, among others) here in Vancouver back in the day:
    http://www.audiovancouver.com/history/lms/brooks-pic10.jpg

Anybody know where I can find good NS-10 info or have an idea what they are? I've been looking and can't really find anything anywhere. Are these like a home consumer edition maybe?

2. adrianvillan

adrianvillan Metal Commando.

If there from the 60's and been used , They are probly not in the best of shape. and for $50 you cant expect much from them. Id say to save up a little more and get some with the white cone. Unless those are collectors items , then they should be worth more than $50!! Good luck!

3. SPLASTiK

SPLASTiK Member

I just talked to an old tech and sent him the picture. He's been around a long time and has loads of cool stories (hanging out with Pete Townsend, telling Duran Duran to fuck off after seeing them snort coke off the console!) and he says they're really really shitty and not the good studio ones from the era.

So I guess the search for some cheap NS-10's contines :Spin:

4. Genius Gone Insane

Genius Gone Insane http://www.¯\(°_o)/¯.com

Check out craigslist.org san francisco...some guy on the peninsula is selling a pair of ns10's for $400

5. Andy Sneap

Andy Sneap Metal Guru

Duran Duran doing coke off the console, what our Simon.....never

6. 006

006 Member

^^^

Lol! Roger that.

~006

7. Benny H

Benny H Degenerate

Quote from Pepper Keenan from a cool interview (here http://www.guitar.com/cda/ColumnCor...px?sPath=8181000c2220000000010000791f00000000 )

8. SPLASTiK

SPLASTiK Member

He has loads of Duran Duran stories from when he was working at some studio they recorded at.... They're not very good ones either.

Some cool Beatles stories too as he did some work with George Martin... He actually looks like an scrubbier older looking George Harrison.

I blew the woffer on an NS-10 the other day at a studio doing a little mixing. Was very strange feeling....

9. John Silver the Second

Can you tell me some of them? I'm a big Duran fan.