This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NY studio for drum practice

Discussion in 'Bar' started by Gustavo_Loureiro, May 18, 2012.

1. Gustavo_Loureiro

Hi!
    I'm in NY for a week and need a place to keep my drumming skills in shape.
    Do any of you guys know a rehearsal studio around the area with a full set of drums (a simple one)?
    I'm in Manhattan.
    Thanks!

2. StefTD

StefTD Member

you really need a place for just one week? Sorry, I have no clue where to find one, but I really like taking some
    time off from guitar or bass when I am on a trip because when I come back to it, I am full of new ideas, the longer
    the break is, the better the ideas-had to take a break for a few months once-sure my playing skills degraded but
    my writing skills became way better and a break for a week shouldn't kill your skills ;)

And if you want to play-just go to a music store and try out some kits ;) or take sticks with you and play on stuff
    in the room, that could be pretty refreshing from an artistic view imho.

3. Gustavo_Loureiro

I totally agree with you man, but in this case I'll have two concerts to play the day after I come back to Brasil. And I'm a new member in the band, so I'm not totally comfortable with the songs you know? They're hard as funk. And I'm already in NY for a week now.
    The pillow is my drumming friend till I find a studio :)