This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

\/olbeat's a comin' back

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Creeps, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Creeps

Creeps Member

2. zekeyou

zekeyou Member

Interesting, looks like they are hitting up a lot of festivals/bigger shows.

3. DrkLrdViper666

DrkLrdViper666 Frontman/Vocalist/Singer

WOO HOO!!! I can't wait to see them here in the ATL in may!!! :kickass:
    My gf shari & I BOTH LOVES us some VOLBEAT!!!:headbang:

4. labrekk

labrekk Member

Too bad they don't come over here. Probably that these cities were not visited by the this year's Gigantour?

5. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

They are playing a shitty rock fest here in Missouri that's called...well...RockFest. They're by far the best band. Other bands in that fest are Five Finger Death Punch, Shinedown, and Trivium. Just not for me.

I will wait, and wait...and wait (I guess), for them to do a headlining gig close to me. They're getting bigger and bigger, I can only imagine how packed it would be in a moderate venue on a good night.

6. drmetal8

drmetal8 Graphic Design

7. Riceloft

Riceloft Member

No Cleveland date, and the Columbus date is a huge 3 day fest with many many bands I wouldn't pay to see. :(

8. Justin G

Justin G Member

Skipping the DC metro area again. What gives?

9. Pelata

Pelata FINAL SIGN

A promoter in the area has to offer them a slot on a day the band is available...if nobody offers, they don't play.

10. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Nobody is forcing you to see them. If you wanna see Volbeat that bad, pay the ticket, watch them and leave.

11. labrekk

labrekk Member

Maybe he means that in a fest, Volbeat will have less time than for a headlining show, so it's less interesting?

12. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

That could be the case, though I'd hope Volbeat would get at least 45 minutes. That's a decent enough set (not like going to see an opening stage band at Ozzfest who plays for 20 minutes).

I just get tired to see people complaining about not being able to catch a band, and when they finally have the chance, they're like "Eh, I don't like the other bands so I won't bother." The bands need the support in every single show, regardless of being the openers or the headliners.

13. Justin G

Justin G Member

They packed Sonar in Baltimore and the 9:30 in DC last year. I can't imagine they wouldn't get offers.

14. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I'd be curious to know what Volbeat asks for a show these days...

15. AlexanderWhitebeard

Well, they're playing with Korn.... So I get where he's coming from.

I'm gonna see them at Wacken this year, so I'm skipping this one too. I'll be out of state when they hit NC anyway, which they're playing with all kinds of nu metal bands and stuff I don't care to see, especially with a $70 ticket price.

Generally though, I'm with you on that. I've bought plenty of tickets for a headliner I don't like to catch one of the openers.

16. AMBR

AMBR Metal Grandma

Yea, which is why I'm conflicted. They are playing about a mile and a half from my house at the Bamboozle festival in Asbury Park, but on the day they are playing, I only know one other band and I'm not really into them. So, should I pay over $85 just for a short set of Volbeat? Afraid I can't justify that. :erk:

17. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Korn's live show in the 90s/early 00's was a punch in the face. It had a lot of energy and great crowd interaction. If you said they were playing with Chevelle, it'd be different and I would agree.

Exactly. :)

18. skyrefuge

skyrefuge Member

$76 to see Volbeat play for 45 minutes in a soccer stadium sounds like a damn good reason not to bother to me. If a band requires a fanbase who is totally insensitive to price, location, venue, and other playing conditions, they're gonna have an awfully hard time making it, because they'll have like 3 fans!

I think everyone's life would be a lot easier here if they just forgot about Volbeat, because the idea that they're something distinct from all the other modern-rock/nu-metal/jock-rock bands that they're spending the summer with is a peculiarity unique to the PPUSA community, and it seems to cause a lot of surprise/disappointment/gnashing-of-teeth.

Neil

19. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Fine. Then people shouldn't complain that "a band they'd love to see live never comes to town."

20. nailz

nailz Member

If a band is on this type of tour, it seems pretty obvious to me that either they're reaching out to fans of other bands to show they exist, or in Volbeat's case, have earned the right to put on this kind of show and have people attend. It's not like it's going to have 10 people.

The entitlement to see a band play for less than $15 that you liked when they WERE a $15 a head band is unbelievable to me. You're not paying $76 to see one band. It's like saying "Boy oh boy, I really want to see Beyond the Bridge, but paying $150 for a 1 hour set seems silly!"

Yes, by all means skip going, but don't bitch about the cost of "one 45 minute set". That's not what you're getting for the cost, that's what you're choosing to use from the package you're offered. Volbeat is clearly in a different demographic style of music than what the majority of this board likes.

On the other hand, expecting people to shell out $75 a head to "support the band" ... well, those people can fuck right off too. It's my money and I get to choose what value I place on the show.