This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OT - Tom Cruise singing Pour some sugar on me.

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Fire breath, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Fire breath

Fire breath Member

It's actually not terrible! He just doesn't have enough grit or balls to give it a little rockstar attitude. Nice production too on the track.

#1 Fire breath, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

It's not terrible, but it's nothing I would ever want to hear again. Sounds like someone you'd hear at a karaoke bar.

I would have been interested in seeing this, if it weren't for the cast. Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin have no reason to be in this.....

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

It is the level I would expect for a Broadway show, which is kinda a compliment to Cruise here. That being said, such a show isn't all that attractive to the average forum resident here.

4. Rezz

Rezz Member

I'll definitely rent it when it's available. I just hope it's more respectful of the genre and music than that god-awful Rock Star movie was.

5. TwstDrSteph

TwstDrSteph Official Pagan Goddess

First, let me preface this by saying I am a fan of that era and style of music.

I saw the show on Broadway.

If the movie is anything like the Boradway show, well, you might want to save your money and rent something else. :puke:

6. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

i enjoyed the show!! the story was a little was the show itself was a blast to watch and a blg hell yeah to the music!!!:worship:

7. Cheiron

Cheiron Member

I'm impressed. Even if there's a bit of skilled work behind the curtains.

8. Heavenly Call

Heavenly Call Member

If you are in the mood for a cheesy cheesy cheesy dish, then I highly recommend this. People who didn't enjoy the play probably went in expecting too much seriousness. Take it for what it is and enjoy it! The play was fun as shit! I expect the movie will be the same.

9. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

Saw the touring Broadway production and had a BLAST!

I do plan on checking out the movie, but am really disappointed with the casting/costuming. I'm just not buying Tom Cruise as Stacey Jaxx...and the guy playing Drew looks like he would be more at home at the local coffee shop's Friday Night Poetry Slam, rather than on the Sunset Strip in the 1980s. :mad:

C'mon people...it was the 80s...and it was all about the BIG HAIR! :headbang:

10. TwstDrSteph

TwstDrSteph Official Pagan Goddess

I can't speak for everyone who didn't like the play, but I certainly didn't go in expecting anything serious. :)

I didn't like the show because my brain could not wrap itself around the concept of hearing the songs re-arranged to sound like Broadway-style show tunes. Even though the singers were backed by a standard "rock band" (who were great, by the way), the vocals were very show-tuney and it bugged the hell out of me. Maybe it won't bother others and they will enjoy it, but I couldn't.

The story was also, IMO, uninteresting and rather cliche, but again, that is generally the norm for Broadway musicals these day...

I hope people enjoy it, but for me, well, I'll be skipping the film. :)

11. Rev. Clayton

Rev. Clayton The Singer

Awwww...I love Rock Star. I guess I'll have to add it to my guilty pleasure list if everyone else hates it.

12. FataMorgana75

FataMorgana75 Houston Metal Fan

I guess you and I are in the minority, cause I loved Rock Star too! I'll even go as far as to watch the tame version on VH1 Classic. LOL! :headbang:

13. Rev. Clayton

Rev. Clayton The Singer

Indeed!

14. Azrael LenGraden

Azrael LenGraden Lake Of Fire

No so minority! I liked it too.... The scene where thy perform "Blood Pollution" is my favorite.