This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Paradigms Recordings

Discussion in 'RC' started by Thanatopsis123, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Thanatopsis123

Thanatopsis123 白鬼

[​IMG]

I don't know how many of you may be aware of this record label based in the U.K. but instead of starting threads about nearly every single one of their releases, I figured I'd just make this one.

I can't remember how I came across this label or any of it's bands but I'm glad I did. I made a recommendation thread for the band The Angelic Process which a good number of you seemed to enjoy. Although even if you didn't, there is probably something on this label you'd like. Despite being highly eclectic (modern classical, noise, BM, prog, funeral doom, etc), Paradigms releases have kept an amazing level of quality thus far.

Anyway, here's their webstore which has concise descriptions and some samples. I recommend people give it a quick browse and try some of the clips. I can also help with some further samples if need be (though not for their entire catalog).

2. spikes77

spikes77 Member

Thanks for the heads up Than, i'll listen to those samples asap. I also might have to purchase that amber asylum shirt :cool:

3. Nico

Nico Onward!

Farrrrk.

Cheerz n' beerz Thanatopsis, this is the greatest distro since Aurora Borealis (who've disapeared off the face of the planet).

4. Corpinen

Corpinen Member

Great thread! I have all Paradigms releases so far, even three of their shirts. They now have two new releases out since the beginning of the month, which I don't have yet, but I intend to get them asap. My favourites so far are Angelic Process, Blueprint Human Being and Amber Asylum. And of course the Jarboe 7-inch is amazing... The one Norwegian drone band I'm not too crazy about, whereas Utlagr and Throne of Katarsis are pretty good.

Has anyone here yet got the newest releases? I've only heard the samples, but it's hard to get anything out of them... Anyway, as I said, great thread!

5. Thanatopsis123

Thanatopsis123 白鬼

That is a pretty cool looking shirt. And do you have that Amber Asylum CD they're offering? I had no idea members of Weakling/The Gault were in that.

I have The Angelic Process, Throne of Katarsis, and Hjarnidaudi but I've recently ordered Woburn House, Amber Asylum, Walking With Ghosts, and Titan. I'll probably order that Hallvardur Asgeirsson soon too and perhaps a shirt.

I'm also already looking forward to the debut by And Machine Said...Behold that will likely be out early 2007 through Paradigms. Have you heard the Walking With Ghosts compilation? After hearing some samples for that I rushed out and tried to get some more from each of those bands. Some great stuff there and quite a few of them seem to be unsigned. I hope Paradigms picks up a few more of those.

6. Thanatopsis123

Thanatopsis123 白鬼

Anyone heard the Fog In The Shell release on Paradigms? Just heard some samples and I'm very intrigued.

7. Thanatopsis123

Thanatopsis123 白鬼

Same as last post, just replace "Fog In The Shell" with Westering.

8. Ars Magna

Ars Magna Ars Magna Recordings

Westering = solid material with one really fantastic track. Very cool dude, as well.

9. Demilich

Demilich Member

I still listen to Plants - Double Infinity regularly enough

best Paradigms release I've heard yet!

10. Vittra

Vittra Member

Mucking around their site again (seem to do that around this time of the year) listening to their latest track samples, the Murmuure is pretty damn good, going to have to look into that album.

11. Nico

Nico Onward!

Yeah I thought that Murmuure track sounded pretty astonishing and then navigated away from the site and totally forgot it existed. Curse you, short-term memory loss.

12. Thanatopsis123

Thanatopsis123 白鬼

I wonder if the rest of that Murmuure album is as interesting as that sample. Apparently Aquarius Records is calling it the black metal album of the year.

13. einride

einride friendly pal with a smile

aquarius records says a lot of things about black metal that aren't true

14. Ellestin

Ellestin one-click buy

15. Vittra

Vittra Member

Been listening to it quite a bit. Top5 album of 2010 easily... and there's quite a bit that has been released this year so..