This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Perdition City

Discussion in 'Ulver' started by Demiana, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Demiana

Demiana Member

I finally bought Perdition City yesterday (so I finally don't have to start my computer if I want to listen to it). The thing that caught my attention was the name Bard Eithun in the booklet. It says:

Bard Eithun: V-drums on The future sound of music

Wasn't this the man who's in jail because of killing a homosexual guy at the Olympics? He also played with Emperor (if I'm right) and he's pretty much a racist. Does anybody know more about this?

2. Dev

Dev UTF-8 professional

Yes he was the Drummer of Emperor until In The Nightside eclipse ( included )

3. Verago

Verago Member

Yes, the homosexual murder is right.
    Later he told that the homosexual was very drunken and tried to flirt with him. They went into a forest and there he killed him which a jack-knife.
    But I´m not really sure about the racist thing.

There´s a German Ulver interview in which Faust is mentioned. I do my best to translate it into English (although there´s not really much information):

Garm: "I hate Black Metal, I´m already sick of it. The people are ok, Ihsahn from Emperor is a good friend of mine - but the music does nothing for me anymore. Faust, the former drummer of Emperor, who has been in prison for 8 years now, did the drums on "The Future Sound Of Music" for example. Of course the murder is a topic of conversation, but he´s a different man/person now."

4. Demiana

Demiana Member

Thanks for the info.
    A few years ago I read this book about Black Metal where they described Bard as a rascist who murderer a homosexual. It's easy to see bands like Emperor and Mayhem as a bunch of rascists (because the members, like Bard, but also because of some of the lyrics), but I'm really not sure what the real story is about these guys. I never connected Ulver with these kinds of ideas, but when I saw the name Bard I have to say, I was surprised...

5. Dev

Dev UTF-8 professional

Because of which lyrics?!

6. Demiana

Demiana Member

Listen to 'Ancient Skin' on the Live album 'Mediolanum capta Est', how Maniac introduces the song. When you read the lyrics after this introduction, you will understand more of it...and I'm not sure if that is a positive thing.
    Secondly, read the sections in the book "Lords of Chaos" about Hellhammer. He's pretty explicit about it...

7. Psychonaut

Psychonaut God Of Emptiness

I finally got Perdition City today and have to say it's easily one of my favorite Ulver releases... Kveldsjanger isn't too shabby either!

8. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Staring at the Sun

Perdition is by far my best discovery of 2002. I wonder if they will be able to top that one. Have read Mishima's Golden Pavillion with that album looping on the stereo ; one of the most disturbing experiences I have ever had.

9. Dev

Dev UTF-8 professional

I thought Emperor's , ok .

10. Blue Moon

Blue Moon Staring at the Sun

Demiana : is it possible to write down that introduction for us ? The matter interests me a lot.

11. Pietjuh

Pietjuh Lord of Barad-Dûr

What is actually the difference between the limited edition and the normal edition?

12. Demiana

Demiana Member

Maniac says:
    "The next song is dating back to the second World War. It is about the great leaders of the world's history".

What do you think? can this be read in another way? I don't think so...

13. NFU

NFU I like pie.

yes, the album is amazing. and it will indeed be hard for Ulver to top, but im ready and willing to let them try! haha