This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Petrychor

Discussion in 'Clad in Darkness' started by CladInDarkness, Jun 29, 2010.

1. CladInDarkness

CladInDarkness Under A Blackened Sky

Mr. Breyer had this in his top albums of the year and I think it's worth mentioning here for those of you who are unfamiliar.

http://petrychor.com/

You can download their EP there, name your price, free if you like.

In an increasingly faceless and globalized culture, it is of the utmost importance that we document the emotions and attitudes of the dissenter whose goals and practices are not condoned or made possible by large society. This is music for meditation, for frustration and anger, for beauty, and above all for communication. Petrychor seeks to expand on and enhance those focuses typically associated with black metal by staying open to outside influences, especially modern acoustic music, the gothic/neofolk scene, and the thickness and visceral catharsis present in the best post-rock.

The Dryad EP is a demo of a larger project exploring periods of voluntary isolation for the purpose of self-discovery and inspiration leading to insightful discourse, musical or otherwise. Expect that the expanded full length will deliver more eclectic instrumentation, a strong rhythmic acoustic presence, and the free tonality of modern orchestral experimentation when appropriate.

Petrychor sincerely thanks its supporters.

2. BanginTheDead

BanginTheDead Member

I have listened to this several times over the last few months. Something about it breaths a breath of fresh air into me. I recommend it!

3. Njiijn

Njiijn Master of Confusing Arts

I dig this band. Oh yeah, hi there. :p

4. JohnInDarkness

JohnInDarkness Hello, my name is Sean.

This sounds quite good. The clean passages in the first track are really nice.

5. CladInDarkness

CladInDarkness Under A Blackened Sky

Oh hello. How do you do?

6. BanginTheDead

BanginTheDead Member

Mr. Qahdda! So nice to see you here!

7. Seanindarkness

Seanindarkness Seeker of lice

Cool stuff, I especially enjoy the clean passages.