This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

picture thread! (modem users beware)

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by spaffe, Jul 27, 2003.

1. spaffe

spaffe Geisterglut

in an attempt to wake this somewhat dormant forum up i've created a picture-thread, (feel free to croon a fanfare of your choice here) so go ahead, post some pictures you've found online that you like or perhaps some of your own works. and don't forget to comment on what has been posted, not doing so would make this thread loose it's meaning, if it has any that is ;)

i'll go first then; here's a nice one made by an artist called Fredrik Rahmqvist :

[​IMG]

i really like the motif and the cartoonish style it has been done in, it also depicts a part of history i'm very much interested in.

2. Light

Light Up The World

3. Patric

Patric Member

Nice shit, spaffe. I've been doing some major cartooin' during my vacation to the Swizz mountains and I'm actually downloading pics from my camera now so I'll post some of that later. It's shit quality tho

4. spaffe

spaffe Geisterglut

ah i gotta go there sometime, or at least visit our swedish fjelds, i've never been farther north than åre :|

couldn't you take a photo of some of the stuff you've drawn with you camera? if you feel like posting it that is ;)

5. Patric

Patric Member

Yeah well, let's all be honest 'cause I've never seen a fjeld myself (eventhough I bet every non-Swede that posts here think we all have)...I'm from the pancake-land of Sweden anyhow.

Yeh of course friend, I've got some toonz on my camera. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/patricwrgrden/lst?.dir=/Patric/Khaos+Toonz&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ Still working on my "Swedes-to-Switzerland" sketch, and that's some funny shit. "Radovich" the main character is ME, btw...blaah...

6. gcele

gcele färdas naken

OK, two of my favorites:

Keith Parkinson, a very competent artist who's done cover art for a great number of fantasy novels, games et.c..
    [​IMG]

Gustave Doré, a French 19th century artist, well-known for his illustrations of scenes from the bible and Dante's Divine Comedy.
    [​IMG]

7. Patric

Patric Member

This is one of my favorite book covers from my favorite H.P Lovecraft novell. Well this is how it looks in Denmark, don't know if what you have in your native country.

[​IMG]

8. spaffe

spaffe Geisterglut

haha yeah and not to mention denmark, the highest "mountain" there's like 300 meters or something right? :D

the comics seem nice but it's hard to read what's written, but the drawings look really nice.

gcele i've seen the first one before and that guy's just stunning, think i've got some other pics made by him on my computer.
    the second one is really cool it looks so "evil" in black and white and when it's done in that style, is it woodcut? great anyway :)

9. Patric

Patric Member

Himmelbjerget! Our proud and joy, takes like 10 minutes to get up there but what the hell. Yeah, it's cause the damn scanner isn't working so right now I'll have to just take pics with the camera. Glad you enjoyed the drawings though, it's nothing serious or showing my true talent, but damn fun making! Now make sure you don't do something hyserically comical or YOU will end up there too hehe...

10. M.

M. my hair could beat you up

[​IMG]

(rest in peace)

11. Aggressor

Aggressor Einherje

[​IMG]

Boat burning, the Viking way, during the Viking market here last weekend.

[​IMG]

A show with two burning swords that two friends of mine had at the same market.

12. AxeOfDarkness

AxeOfDarkness Demons And Lies

13. Belgar

Belgar The Wallonian Redneck.

Jupiter2 this is Alpha control do you copy?
    Awesome design Spaffe, mind to point out that is it the cover of one of Asmegin's album, a great viking folk metal band. Cannot wait for their new album.

i'll go first then; here's a nice one made by an artist called Fredrik Rahmqvist :

[​IMG]

14. Patric

Patric Member

Some pics of the kennel I'm going to buy my dog from in about two years

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"we rule you fool" :D

15. Cadarn

Cadarn Bestia Romana

16. gcele

gcele färdas naken

Yeah, I suppose so, either that or some kind of copperplate engravings, whatever they used in the 19th century :)

Another cool illustrator is Hans Arnold, who's specialized in horror and fantasy (-ish) paintings:
    [​IMG]

And of course, the king of troll paintings, John Bauer:
    [​IMG]

17. Soldier Of Tomorrow

Soldier Of Tomorrow Deathgrinder

18. Patric

Patric Member

Cadarn: yeah, thanks patron! those words rule! Is that you on the picture, with long hair and all?

gcele: I swear I remembered that Hans Arnold, I think he's sone some illustrations for my ghost books I read when I was a child.
    I'm also a Bauer fan :)

19. Cadarn

Cadarn Bestia Romana

20. spaffe

spaffe Geisterglut

nah it's not the album cover but the same artist made the cover for their (only) full length, which i'm listening to right now, folk metal galore! ;).

this is the cover btw:

[​IMG]

patric hehe nice muts :p

gcele i like john bauer as well even tho i prefer my troll a bit more evil hehe...