This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Plug Your Band here (FORUM REGULARS ONLY!)

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Hey, everyone!

We have quite a lot of people on the forum who have bands and are releasing CDs or writing new songs, etc. As mentioned in the forum rules, we're more than happy for you to plug your music on the board, but now that it's gotten a lot busier than it used to be, it's also getting to be a lot more cluttered.

This forum is primarily designed to promote LORD and LORD related news or projects (obviously including stuff like Dungeon, Ilium, etc.). If everyone plugs their product, it eventually turns this forum into a free-for-all promo-fest and it kind of loses the point of why we're paying for it in the first place.

Now, we don't want to stop you from promoting your band, of course! All we ask is that you keep it to this thread. So if you have a new album, or a new song on your MySpace or any news or whatever, please post it here or we'll either move it here or delete it entirely (depending on how often we're forced to move stuff).

Let me point out that this is STRICTLY for REGULARS OF THIS FORUM ONLY - if you're a 1-post-wonder on this board then your post will be deleted. This isn't a general place to post spam, it's a service for our regular contributing members.

Don't forget about the other OFFICIAL threads too.

OK, guys! Go for your life! :)

2. FerretallicA

FerretallicA HMAS Slagdestroyer

Hopefully it actually sticks unlike in threads like Buy & Sell. Might also be a lot more likely to be read by people if conversation is kept to a minimum as opposed to actual announcements.

3. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Nah, it's fine if there's chat - that's gonna be inevitable. If NeO or TM release an album and announce it on here for example, it's natural for people to want to comment on it, so that's fine.

I think we're doing OK on the buy and sell. There's a few people on there who don't post much but I do consider them regulars or they're posting there because one of the band suggested they do so, etc. All of the non-legit posts get cleaned up pretty quickly, believe me. ;)

4. Fester

Fester Member

I guess I've posted here enough to be a regular :p

My band is Knightmare -

www.myspace.com/knightmaremetal

We're a power/speed metal band, although I think we have a bit of a twist in our songwriting, but that's just me talking :p. We're based in Melbourne, I'd appreciate comments and stuff (not obnoxious 'THAT IS SO GHEY' sort of comments...) on our song that's up if anyone would like to give it a listen feel free to :p

Our song "sonic fury" is up now, and while that's a somewhat standard power metal song, future songs will also have a lot of thrash and other influences too... we're still very much in the works and won't be gigging for a while, however...

5. Pethical

Pethical Tom

I'm in a post-rock/sludge band called sleepmakeswaves

www.myspace.com/sleepmakeswaves

the song up there we are hosting on behalf of a friends band, so don't look into that one too much. if anyone is particularly interested i can send them a rehersal bootleg from a few weeks ago with a song that pretty much sumarises our sound. PM me if so. cheers

6. Atheny

Atheny Member

First of all... check those guys out^^^^ Very impressed with what I've heard so far!

Also a few of you guys may have heard of these guys called NeO something or other... ridiculous band name if you ask me. Seeing this thread was created because of this post, I figured I'd repost it here where it actually fits in with the threads theme. :)

New Ne Oblivisaris music taken from the forthcoming EP, 'The Aurora Veil', now available online!

I am very, very pleased to finally be able to say...

We have some new music available online! AND, it's not a self recorded rehearsal demo of extremely questionable recording quality! :p

Taken from our forthcoming debut EP 'The Aurora Veil', the song 'Tapestry of the Starless Abstract' has just been uploaded in its entirety - all 11 minutes and 55 seconds- to NeO's myspace. Due to its massive and unmyspace compatible length it has been reduced to 96kps.

Also uploaded are 2 samples, taken from the EP:

Sample 1: 'As Icicles Fall'- 9:25 in its entirety, the section uploaded is from 5:15-8:24.

Sample 2: 'Forget Not'- 11:51 in its entirety, the section uploaded is from 8:23-11:51

http://www.myspace.com/neobliviscaris

Make sure you post up your thoughts and comments on the music! Can't wait to hear what you all think. :)

Tim (violin/clean vocals)

Pethical likes this.
  7. Delinquent

Delinquent Member

HAAAAAR! cool idea for a thread.

i play bass in scuurvy, the mightiest pirate metal band in all of australia!

www.scuurvy.com
    www.myspace.com/scuurvy

i recently uploaded some new unmastered tracks from our up coming ep to myspace. and alse here is a video we recently made at bribie island.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxAizn4T_2s

it was alot of fun doing that.

anyone in brisbane should come see us some time... or maybe we can play gigs in some other parts of the country... one day.

anyway, enjoy :)
    i look forward to checking out even more awesome bands in this thread.

8. And behold a pale horse

9. Dän

Dän Guest

Im drumming in a DM band called Tzun Tzu

www.myspace.com/tzuntzu

We should be going in to record our debut full length after Easter. Im not actually the drummer on those songs, Denny Blake (Guitarist of Stargazer) is.

:headbang:

edit - the songs on the myspace that is

10. LegionsOfTheDead

I drum for Switchblade.

We'll have a new album out this year, along with a live DVD we recorded at the Marquee in 2006 (which is being shut down now... GAY! Was such a great venue...)

Links below.

11. TheDenimRager

TheDenimRager Hats make things better.

What the fuck? I heard that months ago but I thought it had been dismissed as rumours.

12. Pethical

Pethical Tom

marquee? NOOOOO!!! I love that place :(

13. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Hey guys. Just thought I would plug one of the bands I am in.

We are called Anubis and we are a Progressive Rock band with strong foundations in the Classic Prog of the 70s such as Genesis, Yes, Floyd etc.

I am really proud to be in this band, I joined after the material was written however, I have provided the guitar tracks for the songs of which I am very satisfied with.

The album 'Technicolour Afterlife" is still in the process of Recording however only 2 more songs remain for me to lay guitars on. Pity they are the epics, 16 and 19 minutes long each.

These guys are some of the most talented musicians I have ever played with and I would love it if you would check out the music.

http://www.myspace.com/anubisspace

There are some songs there at various stages of Recording. Some without all my parts and some with them.

Here is also a clip of all the solos I play in the song called 'The Collapse' in which I have compiled into 1 file. 3 Solos which I really like. Have a listen, the whole song is 11:57, this is just a sample of my contribution.

http://media.putfile.com/Anubis---The-Collapse-Guitar-Solos

14. Pethical

Pethical Tom

really impressive douglas, looking forward to seeing where things go with this

15. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

Except for what sounds like an out of key note in the very first few seconds, I'm VERY impressed dude! You'll let us know when the albums done, right? Looking forward to this!

16. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

This is fantastic Dougie, very Opeth orientated...I love it. :)

You'll have to bring me down a copy when you stay here next week.

17. Keeper of the Seven Cheese

Keeper of the Seven Cheese Metallic Progressor

Yeh man, that note needs to get fixed up, it's due to the double tracking and the delay on it.

18. RavenHasFlownAway

Sure it is Dougie:lol: Very nice man , quite relaxing . Opeth oriented my ass:lol:

19. Taliwakker

Taliwakker .....

20. Aqualung

Aqualung You can't bring me down!

Already posted this in the "Musicians Wanted" thread, but thought it wouldn't hurt to put it here as well, since some people might not check out the other one!

Chris (our Bass player) has had to leave TM due to personal committments outside the band. All our upcoming gigs will take place as scheduled with Corey Eves (who played bass with us up until just over a year ago) filling in.