This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Hardcore Demos Need Input

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by ThriceFan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ThriceFan

ThriceFan Member

Hey /b/ros my drummer just took over a studio, he's kinda new at production and we're hoping for some solid advice to get him started particularly in mixing. Any thoughts on this mix?? I'll put up the other demo if requested but I wanna start with just one.

#1 ThriceFan, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
  2. ThriceFan

ThriceFan Member

Anyone? Just looking for some stArting points. I kinda was suggesting to him, a high and low pass on the guitars at 100hz and 9khz. maybe take some kthump out of the kick and add some high end. I dont know much about bass so any suggestions in thatht regard wud be awesome. We Track a processed signal no di's so reamping isnt relly aan option at this point.

3. ToreFagerheim

ToreFagerheim Member

Guitars sound good. Vocals could be louder but still sound really well performed. Sounds like there is a low pass filter on the overhead mics? They need way more air in order to breathe more. The music is really good! Not what I'd usually listen to, but I could definitely sit down and relax to this stuff. Keep it up!

Got any feedback for my band?
    http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ree-debut-album-need-critics-overall-mix.html

4. Skillbinator

Skillbinator New Metal Member

Good sounding song!

I would suggest trying to take some of that sort of 'duuung' sound out of the drums, specifically the toms. I think you can do that by scooping out the mids a bit. The vocals sound great if a tiny a bit buried in the mix. Guitars sound great, and I agree with ToreFagerheim about the low pass on the OHs, but other than that sounds good and keep it up!