This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

power metal, the guilty pleasure

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by genocide roach, Mar 2, 2004.

1. skeptik

skeptik Member

Mosts bands from all genres of Metal have cheesy/stupid/shitty lyrics, so don't even bring that issue up...

2. Esteban

Esteban Thinking is overrated

It's not a guilty pleasure, I like power metal. Sure it's cheesy, so what? Most Black/Death metal bands have incredibly stupid lyrics and no one says anything because it's "aggressive" and "masculine". Bullshit.

So, power metal can be all about (most bands at least) fantasy, dragons, elves, dwarves, rainbows, etc... where's the big difference? To be honest with you, I prefer cheesy to stupid, but that's just me.

3. parimal2k29

parimal2k29 Living Atlantis

ahem... I only listen to powermetal.
    Gamma Ray, Iron Savior, Heavenly, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Edguy, IronWare, Avantasia, Nightwish, Primal Fear and ATLANTIS among others ;)
    Fan of cheesy metal - i compose cheesy stuff myself :d Ofcourse, I like Europe as well.
    But hail powermetal :d The sun shall shine!! :d lol

4. SpiritCrusherBTR

SpiritCrusherBTR Master Of The Rings

A large majority of my favorite bands are power metal...fucking amazing music! HELLOWEEN (my favorite), Grave Digger, Running Wild, Stratovarius, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, Rage, Jag Panzer...I can go on forever, man.