This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

POWER QUEST welcomes guitarist BILL HUDSON

Discussion in 'Power Quest' started by Symphony, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Press Release

POWER QUEST welcomes guitarist BILL HUDSON

UK based melodic power metal act Power Quest are proud to announce that former Cellador and current Coldera
    guitarist Bill Hudson has been recruited into the Power Quest ranks and is set to form an incredible twin guitar
    partnership with Andrea Martongelli.

Steve Williams comments: “I’m absolutely ecstatic with this news! I’ve been good friends with Bill for a couple
    of years now and we have often talked about working together in some shape or form and now we have the
    perfect opportunity to do just that. As well as being a fantastic guitarist, Bill is also a great songwriter too
    which means this is going to benefit the band on a number of levels. Welcome aboard brother!”

Bill adds: “We've always talked about doing something together at some point, but the closest we've got to it was my guest solo (in the song The Vigil) on the new record. When I left Cellador, I had no idea I would end up being in Power Quest. So I'm really excited about it, as it's a great band, my style will fit right in and they have one of the best guitarists in current metal, Andrea Martongelli. It'll be a pleasure to be the other 50% of this killer guitar duo! I look forward to meeting the fans during the Master of Illusion tour!"

Power Quest are currently booking a UK tour for later this year to promote their latest release “Master of Illusion” which has successfully been launched worldwide via Napalm Records / Avalon Marquee (Japan). The album has already been nominated in numerous magazines and online zines for album of the year and shot right to number 8 in the Japanese HMV charts in the 2nd week after the release.

Please check the websites for further information:
    http://www.myspace.com/powerquest or http://www.power-quest.co.uk
    Power Quest are:

Alessio Garavello - Vocals
    Andrea Martongelli– Guitars
    Bill Hudson – Guitars
    Steve Williams - Keyboards
    Steve Scott – Bass
    Francesco Tresca – Drums

For further information please contact: SteveW@power-quest.co.uk or Manuela@power-quest.co.uk

For interviews and promos of the new album, please contact: ben@napalmrecords.com

2. Andiferum

Andiferum My penis exploded

This is great news for the band & fans! :D

3. Alcaline

Alcaline Member

As soon as I saw the topic in the mailing list email I thought 'I bet it's Bill Hudson' (well actually I thought 'I bet it's that ex-Cellador guy' - but close enough ;))

This is great news!

4. Dan W

Dan W RTA 24/7

Could be very interesting

Although is there any reason for Alessio giving up the 2nd guitar slot?

5. TemplarOfSteel

Great news as far as I'm concerned. He's a cracking player. But yeah, I was also wondering why Alessio has given up the second guitar slot?

6. dragonwarrior

dragonwarrior Brother of Metal

Holy shit that's awesome news! :D He's a great guitarist and is a welcome addition to the band. So now it's... Anglo-Italian-American metal? :p

I can't really imagine Alessio with a guitar on stage, it would just be odd, and I agree that it would take something away from his stage presence and the live show as a whole having him stuck up there with a guitar. Was this Alessio's decision or just one that the band thought would be for the best? I think I remember reading that he'd wanted to play guitar live, so I hope he isn't too upset with the decision.

Welcome Bill!

7. 1928

1928 Jack Nippleson

Ooooh god damn I think I just shit bricks, THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME HELL YES

8. 1928

1928 Jack Nippleson

And actually Bill's from Brazil :p

9. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Hey guys! Glad to hear you approve of the news.....basically we wanted to free Alessio to be the "frontman" once again and I think that Bill and Andrea together will be one hell of a combination both live and in the studio!

10. Andiferum

Andiferum My penis exploded

I can't wait to see it all live! I'm sure getting him & the others on tour is going to be very expensive business now :lol:

11. fool_in_paradise

:OMG: Woah this is HUGE news!!!!! I'm interested to see how this will affect the songwriting though :err: does this mean the songs will be faster on the next album? will he stick around? should be freakin awesome :headbang::headbang:
    That reminds me i haven't heard much from Coldera lately - what's happening there?

12. Power_Metal_Dom

Power_Metal_Dom Epic Metaller

HOLY-TITTY-F*CKING-JESUS-MOTHER-TAP-DANCING-CHRIST!!!!

WOW!!!

Big news indeed!!!

I can't catch my breath this is literally flabberghasting! I can't believe the PQ line-up has another recruit! My first instinct was YES this guy is an awesome guitarist. But I couldn't help thinking how this was going to affect the PQ sound we've come to know and love. Though I suppose we've already come to love the new direction PQ is going in and we've already heard Bill on a PQ track before!

:headbang: :headbang: :kickass: Welcome Bill! :headbang: :headbang: :kickass: get on the forums laddo and let's get to know ya!

Power Quest - UK based Melodic Cymry Kiwi Italo American British Power Metal!!!

13. Symphony

Symphony PQ member

Hey guys! Great to see the fantastic reaction to the news! Unexpected right?

First line up change since 2005, but we are all so excited about the next phase for PQ!