This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

PP USA XVI Vendor Update

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Harvester, Mar 31, 2015.

1. arnavut

arnavut Member

2. Justin G

Justin G Member

It isn't.

3. Formerly known as Chris F5

Hmmmmmmmm

Too bad ken retired from being a vendor here...he knows my exact tastes and seemingly would have a few things stashed away that I ended up loving,and without even hearing one note of the music...

Alas...

4. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

It sucks that Ken is in retirement! :bah:

~Brian~

5. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

That's the reason why Ken is an awesome vendor. He's very good at making me want to spend more money. (And to respond above, The Laser's Edge still exists, but he doesn't do festivals anymore. Personally, I don't blame him. He deserves the break.)

6. Formerly known as Chris F5

Oh I do know it exists still...and I don't blame him either for retiring from vending there.....

The thing is there is that he can do this and I have instant new bands to love....

7. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

It's been a really odd year for vendors. I have a sold-out show and the economy is definitely back. That said, vendors are becoming more and more scarce each year.

Confirmed:

Impulse Music
    Merchbooth.net
    Nightmare Records
    Nuclear Blast Records
    Tribunal Records

We lost CD Inzane (out of business, I guess), Exploding Ned (retired), Century Media & Inside Out (Major Record Label Acquisition who didn't support the travel costs) as well as Heaven & Hell Records and Deathgasm Records (for various reasons).

I have extended offers to multiple other vendors with no luck. I still have room for a couple of more if anyone wants to pass the word along.

Glenn

8. PureXul

PureXul Member

Disappointing to see that Century Media dropped, they always brought a great selection of Prog/Power as well as recent releases in other genres and it seemed like they had a lot of traffic at their tables. Hopefully they'll return in the future.

Impulse looks to have a broad and interesting catalog on their list, looking forward to checking their table(s) out this year.

9. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Century had become my favorite table due to sheer diversity. Bummer they won't be there.

10. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

Would love to see The End return; their selection was always weird, and eclectic in all the right ways. Also sad to see CM gone; Other than Exploding Ned, I probably spent the most there.

11. dtfanatic

dtfanatic Member

Man that sucks about Inside Out and especially CM. CM always had a good selection of new vinyl and we're the nicest guys in the room. Guess Nuclear Blast will get most of what I spend this year since they bring a decent amount of vinyl too.

12. Formerly known as Chris F5

Impulse is going to get some interest from me....thats for sure

13. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

It is going to be a really light year for me, since Nightmare is the only vendor left that I buy from.

14. TribunalRecords

TribunalRecords Record Label(s)/Vocalist

Divebomb/Tribunal Records is stoked to be vending this year. Previous years we had a small spot on Exploding Neds table, but with his absence and our release count well over 100 titles we figured it was time to get a table of our own.

We will have our September new releases (Artch, Betsy [aka Bitch], Wild Dogs and Osiris) available at PPUSA before anywhere else.

15. Formerly known as Chris F5