This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pretty Maids Cancel ProgPower USA Appearance

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, Jul 9, 2019.

1. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Pretty Maids Forced To Cancel ProgPower USA Appearance

It is with severe disappointment we must announce Pretty Maids have been forced to cancel their appearance. Due to the recent change in band personnel, it would have been impossible to obtain a visa in time for the new member without jeopardizing the band application that is currently under review. We explored all possible options with the band and could not find a resolution.

We would like to wish Pretty Maids the best of luck in the remaining festival season and in their future endeavors.

As difficult as this situation is, the show must go on. We have already begun working on a replacement. We ask that you please set your expectations accordingly given the circumstances. That means an international band that requires a visa is out of question. Rest assured, we will announce the replacement as soon as possible.

M&N

2. Charlie Dudley

Charlie Dudley So where do we begin and what else can we say?

Terrible news, but I have faith in a quality replacement. (Crosses fingers for Symphony X or even Michael Romeo)

NancyD likes this.
  3. MetalShock

MetalShock Dissident Aggressor

I hope INSOMNIUM just get bumped to the headline position and play longer.

4. labrekk

labrekk Member

I hope not. That would be really dissapointing. There must be a another band to replace PM...

5. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I posted this to facebook with you in mind specifically:

I want to emphasize that Milton & Nathan have been placed behind the eight ball for multiple reasons. 1. They have to replace a headliner. 2. While we normally try to replace bands with like genres, that's a bit limiting in this situation. 3. Most headliner types already have their professional or private calendar booked for Sept. We have already checked with a few names being thrown around in the thread and they are not available. 4. Bands that have planned tour logistics for close to a year are not available to fly in for a single mid-week show and then go back to their regular tour plans. Crew, backline, transportation, etc have to be taken into account. 5. Budget. As Milton & Nathan stated, ticket sales are not where they thought they would be at this point. That not only effects next year, but now plays a role here. The waste of money on the visa application doesn't help. They are doing their best given the circumstances. We hope our transparency helps set expectations.- Glenn

Sir Exar Kun and KingsGene like this.
  6. jtm288

jtm288 New Metal Member

I know it's a longshot but any chance you could give a Day 3/4 band a second set? Would love to see more Caligula's Horse, for example!

7. Charlie Dudley

Charlie Dudley So where do we begin and what else can we say?

Would be great to get Threshold, Subsignal or Poets of the Fall to play an entire album or special set that day similar to what Voyager did in 2015 when they played "I Am the Revolution" on Wednesday then a regular set for their Friday appearance.

8. Sir Exar Kun

Sir Exar Kun Member

The return of the All Star Jam??? Given the diversity in this year's lineup, it could make for some CRAZY pairings.

(Dreaming, I know....)

Kez likes this.
  9. jtm288

jtm288 New Metal Member

They couldn't go wrong with any band on Friday/Saturday, if any bands are available to come early. I suppose it's suboptimal for marketing the event, and they seem to have quite a few tickets left to sell, but I'd much rather have a great band play a second set if the other options aren't very exciting.

10. Purveyor Of Evil

Purveyor Of Evil Heavy Metal, INC.

11. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

sucky news. The band we were lookin forward to the most on the first 2 days

12. labrekk

labrekk Member

"You in mind" as in me? If so, I know it's not an easy situation, I chatted with Milton and I know he does his best to get the best band he can, and that the choices are not many. And I also know I'll most likely be disappointed, as PM are one of my fave bands ever. But they lost some points the way they behaved here... If they had really wanted bad to come back to PP, they could have made it...

13. KingsGene

KingsGene God of Thunder

From Facebook:

"...We’re excited to share with you the replacement for Pretty Maids for this year’s ProgPower’s Day 1.

Insomnium has moved up to the headliner slot on Wednesday. Given their track record in both sales and touring, it’s a no-brainer of a decision. The band will now get a 90min set and present material from their career. Their new album drops in October, and perhaps a sold-out show can convince them to do one or two live debuts.

We also welcome the return of American metal staple Sanctuary to perform their classic album “Refuge Denied” in its entirety. We expect nothing but a crushing set by them. The band worked hard to make this happen quickly, and thus have our gratitude.

Thanks to all of you for the support and understanding of our cancellation circumstances. As Glenn said, we’ve been put behind the eight ball, but we’re confident this change in plans delivers it at the same level.

Now let’s sell the fuck out of this show.

-Milton & Nathan"

14. jingle.boy

jingle.boy The changing of the worrd is inevitabre!

Gotta say (for my tastes), this is a huge downgrade. Do we know if Sanctuary is going on before, or after Secret Sphere?

15. jtm288

jtm288 New Metal Member

After. The order is Ancient Bards, Secret Sphere, Sanctuary, Insomnium.

16. MetalShock

MetalShock Dissident Aggressor

Well, not disappointing for me. I happen to like Insomnium. Like Pretty Maids too, but the show must go on. Just seemed logical to me since they were already on the bill and their visas were already approved. I'm also pleased with Sanctuary returning although I'm not a fan of returning bands (and I've expressed that before). Having them perform Refuge Denied to me is a nice tribute to Warrel Dane.

NorseBlood and VenomGA like this.
  17. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins