This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pretty old song that I decided to re-record

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by fin, Jan 10, 2010.

1. fin

fin Member

This song is about seven years old and was written to my old band. Back then it was recorded with real drums and everything but the result was horrible since I didn't know at all what the hell I was doing. :lol:

So I decided to re-record it and also planning to re-record two other songs since I think that the songs are decent. Very Dimmu Borgirish but they were our main influence back then. :)
    No vocals yet though.

So how can I improve this mix? Thank you very much for listening.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2153530/Vanhaa_kakkaa.mp3

2. fatalforce

fatalforce Member

I really like it, looking for a similar guitar tone for a project I'm working on. Are you using tse x30? I'd say pull back the drums and let the guitars out more.

3. 97reb

97reb doom classic

Drums a bit too much in front(at least when my bass was turned up on my eq a bit), but then other times not enough drums. It would be nice to hear some stereo or even better 5.1 clear drum rolls. Over all, Nice stuff. I think some playing with the levels of the different instruments thru out would make it more even.