This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Progpower performances on DVD

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by oldboy, Aug 17, 2015.

1. oldboy

oldboy Member

I recently bought the Jorn, and Rob Rock DVD's which were recorded at Progpower. I also have the Progpower V DVD. My question is: have there ben any other Progpower USA performances that are available on DVD?

2. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

Well, outside of the official festival DVDs, I know Therion's last performance is on DVD (Adulruna Rediviva And Beyond)

3. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Off the top of my head....

Redemption- Live from the Pit
    Primal Fear- Live in the USA
    Brainstorm- Honey from the Bs

New ones from Need, Pagan's Mind, and Seventh Wonder will be out in that order.

4. oldboy

oldboy Member

5. 1000 Faces

1000 Faces Member

The first Redemption DVD too—Frozen in the Moment. I believe there's also a song from PPIII as a video file on Edguy's Hall of Flames CD.

6. Diabolik

Diabolik Member

The CAGE DVD is from PP I think too.

7. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

I remember a few tunes on Threshold's Critical Mass dvd.

8. jem777az

jem777az Bozzman

Mystic Prophecy has a DVD of their performance as part of the digipak of their last album.

Mob Rules has a DVD of their performance as part of their box set.

Red Circuit also has a DVD of their performance as part of a digipak from their latest album.

9. PureXul

PureXul Member

Savage Circus released a DVD of their performance at PP VII.

10. oldboy

oldboy Member

Awesome!! Lots of stuff to collect!! Did not know about most of these.

11. sccaldwell

sccaldwell Guitarist Wannabe

Is the one from Pain of Salvation's "Remedy Lane" set from last year still happening? I hope??

12. 5150

5150 Member

Red Circuit. The bonus DVD with their latest studio album.

13. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Master of Corgis

Masterplan's new DVD has two tracks from XV.

14. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

I meant to jump on the forum yesterday to list all of the stuff I remember, which included everything posted thus far with the exception of Masterplan (thanks for mentioning that one, PromisedLand! I had no idea about it!), but I was too busy at work to do it.

As for anything that hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe that Primal Fear's "Live in the USA" features footage from their performance from the Thursday night show at ProgPower X. It's not exactly from the festival proper, but I'm sure that folks would be interested in seeing it, anyway.

Besides that, only the ProgPower V DVD compilation was mentioned. Let's not forget the Lucid Lounge DVDs for festivals VII, VIII, X, and XII. With that, I believe we have the complete video discography!

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

15. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

I meant to jump on the forum yesterday to list all of the stuff I remember, which included everything posted thus far with the exception of Masterplan (thanks for mentioning that one, PromisedLand! I had no idea about it!), but I was too busy at work to do it.

As for anything that hasn't been mentioned yet, I believe that Primal Fear's "Live in the USA" features footage from their performance from the Thursday night show at ProgPower X. It's not exactly from the festival proper, but I'm sure that folks would be interested in seeing it, anyway.

Besides that, only the ProgPower V DVD compilation was mentioned. Let's not forget the Lucid Lounge DVDs for festivals VII, VIII, X, and XII. With that, I believe we have the complete video discography!

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

16. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Actually, we produced an amateur documentary after PP USA V that had all sorts of complete tunes on it from the early years. It's long out of print though.

17. Palabra de Dios

Palabra de Dios Heavy Metal Weatherman

You know what I'd be into? Soundboard recordings from PPUSA performance, in CD or mp3 form. I'd listen to a whole set or gladly buy a compilation album of highlights. I don't watch a lot of concert DVDs but I love live albums.

18. oldboy

oldboy Member

Thanks for the reminder about the DVDs for Progpowers other that V. Will try to get some of those if available on amazon or ebay.

19. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Master of Corgis

DGM also filmed their performance at XV for a "future DVD release", but no details have been forthcoming since then.

Also, not a DVD, but Withem recorded their entire set and released for free on YouTube.. It's quite excellent.

20. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

Hey, Glenn!

I didn't include the documentary released after ProgPower V because I saw that oldboy mentioned it in the first post. I think there was just some confusion caused by calling it a compilation. Either way, I think with everyone's help, we've covered all of the video footage that could be purchased. All of the footage, that is, except the DVD that was promised to us by Conception. ;)

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert