This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ixrayu

ixrayu Senior Member

I am Aware. i have been attending since PPIV, and would attend regardless. Good point about FB, Twitter etc.
    I just want to say I agree with this to some extent. For me, I think its more about the festivals longevity that comes into my mind when things change ALOT quickly. There tends to be backlash one way or another. I'm hoping, but doubtful, the show will do well next year.

2. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I knew that before the end of page 9 on the thread, we'd agree. :lol:

3. ixrayu

ixrayu Senior Member

LMAO:lol:

4. labrekk

labrekk Member

Pretty lame post AFAIC...I don't really like Sanctuary, only think their 2 discs are OK, never was the greatest Warrell Dane fan. And I won't GTFO metal for that...You like Sanctuary, good for you, I don't care for them, good for me, I'm not less "metal" than you for that...

To come back to the subject, I always wanted to attend PP, but never could so far. But I'm not sure I'll try hard to attend next year with the announced line-up. I only like Dream Evil,Red Circuit and Mob Rules. I'd be curious to see Eldritch too. As for the rest, I have no real interest. That's too bad. But, there will be things that will happen, a couple bands will surely bail out as usual for any reason, so maybe there will be more for my taste later...

5. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

yes you are

6. labrekk

labrekk Member

OK, let's do a metal contest then.

7. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

Please gtfo with this needless pissing contest. It's shit like this that makes me rarely post on this forum these days.

8. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Relax, I think Brian was just trying to be funny. I don't think he meant to imply that he was more metal than you are. If anything, he needs to lose the 'tache so he can look more metal. :lol:

I find it funny however, that you mention the bands you like and how some bands may end up canceling prior to the festival. No offense, but I happen to think that if anyone ends up bailing, let it be Dream Evil, Red Circuit or Mob Rules. :lol:

9. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

Only if the contest involves listening to Refuge Denied on repeat.

10. miel

miel Mrs. Harvester
    Staff Member

And I'll personally apply the defibrillator paddles when XII does sell-out. ;)

~Jen

11. dcowboys311

dcowboys311 Member

you seriously think we're seriously being serious?

12. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

LOL

LMAO

13. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Oh man, Jen for the KILL!!! :lol:

14. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

He just ain't metal enough...

15. King Lek

King Lek King of Lekworld

That alone was worth reading through this thread.....lol.

16. labrekk

labrekk Member

I'm very relaxed, trust me...:D

I'm just realistic regarding the bands who will cancel. It happens every year, so I'd be extremely surprised if it's not the case again. I surely none of the bands I like will bail though...:lol:

17. labrekk

labrekk Member

Damn, that would be too painful for me... I surrender. ;)

18. Yippee38

Yippee38 Living the dream!

I'm pretty stoked about this line-up. For me, the big draws are While Heaven Wept, Therion, Red Circuit, and Dream Evil should be fun. Don't know Arcturus, but I've heard of them and it should be an entertaining show.

Therion was great the last time they were at PPUSA. They were even better when we saw them on Gothic Kabala in Chicago.

How often does While Heaven Wept play live? I've been hoping to see these guys since I picked up Of Empires Forelorn. I'm not a doom fan, but I love that disc. I hear the new one is more prog than doom.

I just listened to Red Circuit for the first time about two weeks ago. I like it.

I look forward to learning the rest of the bands.

19. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

There is certainly something magical about getting unexpectedly blown away by a band that you were previously unfamiliar with...or weren’t really into. (For me, Vision Divine and After Forever come to mind.) I will always support the festival and seek out these new experiences – work/finances/health permitting, of course.

But really, there’s nothing like the feeling of seeing a kick ass live performance from a band whose entire catalog you know and love. And for those who travel, the festival is a significant $$ investment. So I personally wouldn't criticize folks for wanting to take a pass in a year where there isn’t one particular band that truly rocks their world.

20. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

I can't respond to any of this, it would be too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel. Next years lineup will sell out, and in fact, I consider it one of the strongest, if not the strongest, lineups yet. I predict a sellout in a week or less.

And for the record, the formula has been in need of some maintenance for a while. Glenn is at the top of his game right now and knows exactly what he's doing to get the asses in the seats. The progheads arent happy? Tough shit, they mostly complain anyways. The powerheads aren't happy? Tough shit there to, you've gotten what you have wanted almost every year, at least for the last few. This lineup is very solid.