This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, Sep 11, 2010.

1. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I experienced the same thing as I noticed Dream Evil wasn't even mentioned on next year's lineup.

2. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

Announcement was made February 27. PP tickets went on sale March 1. Hellish Rock tickets went on sale March 15.

3. Arabianhazard

Arabianhazard I, the Witchfinder.

I'm in! :kickass::headbang:

4. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

That sort of makes sense now. Still though progpower tickets went on sale first, so it did help some. No one will ever know how much though.

5. Jibrille

Jibrille Member

I know. I didn't understand the implication of two sell out shows not impacting each other. Especially since you can't make a comparison of any kind of spike in fest sales if the announcement was made before the fest was on sale.

Would the fest have sold out without the Hellish Rock tour? I'd say it has a good chance. Would the Hellish Rock show have sold out without the fest? I'd say that'd be unlikely but I'm not fully aware of how those shows typically sell in Atlanta. I do know that I saw plenty of faces I always see at PP.

6. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

Progpower would have sold out without it, Hellish Rock wouldn't have. Helloween played in front of about 130 people at the Masquerade when I saw them in 2003.

7. CrusherVonMetal

CrusherVonMetal New Metal Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Red Circuit,Eldritch, Dream Evil, Therion,and the legendary Sanctuary!! \m/

8. Prog_Please

Prog_Please Member

Well, the latest James LaBrie album has lots of harsh vocals so...

9. Rick Pierpont

Rick Pierpont Odin's Court Guitar

Hey dude! Were you there this year? I don't remember seeing you this time.

10. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I don't think you can compare the two, really. First, that wasn't exactly a great period for Helloween. When Helloween came over here in 2008 they had more successful material. Plus, you can't argue that Gamma Ray helped significantly in selling that tour.

11. Metalmilitia2000

Metalmilitia2000 UM's Resident Asshole

I would take Rabbit Don't Come Easy (the 2003 tour) over Gambling With The Devil. Both are awesome, I like Rabbit more.

12. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Yuck. Helloween's my third favorite band over Priest and Sabbath, but I just do not like that album, outside of a couple songs. Rabbit Don't Come Easy that is. To each his own I guess.

13. Stingray11214

Stingray11214 OSA Triumvir

I need my vacation for that week. Dream Evil, Therion, Labyrinth and Voyager basically COMMANDS my attendance. Sanctuary and Arcturus is a bonus. Problem it hat I pick my vacation for next year on Monday.....and the week before is GONE! :cry::cry::cry:

14. Element_man

Element_man Lord of the Realm

Cool! Mob Rules sound great live, say them in England at Bloodstock fest 2008. Arcturus was excellent, is ICS Vortex doing their vocals? I heard he left Dimmu... Reformed Sanctuary will be excellent! Great to see some wicked USPM action at the fest. I love the new While Heaven Wept album. Fucking incredible, those guys can fit into so many different spot, too. Be sure to check out While Heaven Wept if you haven't yet! Labyrinth too? Holy shit, this is awesome! Dream Evil and Therion wil also kill it!

15. Pellaz

Pellaz Tigron of Immanion

Yes, he will be there. According to his press release, they're such "retards" (his words) this will probably be their last US show, as well as their first. :)

My question to the Teeming Millions: if Vortex goes to the Vortex to have an award-winning hamburger...will the world end? :lol:

(I am curious to know if the mighty Hellhammer will be drumming for them.....)

16. Pellaz

Pellaz Tigron of Immanion

Yes, he will be there. According to his press release, they're such "retards" (his words) this will probably be their last US show, as well as their first since reuniting. :)

My question to the Teeming Millions: if Vortex goes to the Vortex to have an award-winning hamburger...will the world end? :lol:

(I am curious to know if the mighty Hellhammer will be drumming for them.....)

17. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Red, Hot, and Heavy

I like reading these posts. This makes the first time I've missed two years in a row so I get to live it vicariously through the ones that went. Main reasons are same as everyone, money. But I always plan on making a Prog Power trip. When shit happens it goes but right now I'm pretty stoked because I have a year to get my act together for this.

Sanctuary and Labyrinth are the big guns for me so far. Dream Evil is cool. The rest I'll give a whirl. I think someone nailed it with a Thurs show of Nevermore. I think the Sanctuary gig, if it really is a very exclusive type of thing, is special enough to play over Nevermore. Plus Nevermore bailed some time when for a Disturbed tour so maybe they want to make amends? Or maybe they just wanna rock some tits at Prog Power cos they know it rules.

If other crazy stuff happens for Wed or Thurs then it might get some folks in. I remember PP IX what really got me was the Helloween / Gamma Ray show. Maybe not so much Wed. That seems to really be "fan appreciation day" for the hardcores.

18. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

I would *love* to see Nevermore play the showcase (and I think if that happens, me and Zod are going to achieve a level of nirvana rarely ever seen). The only concern that I had was if Warrel could pull off a Nevermore set one night and a Sanctuary the next. Then I saw the lineup for a little thrash metal fest going on in Japan later this month, and that's exactly what happens (Nevermore one night, Sanctuary the next). I am sure it could be done. I am sure Shane could make it happen. ;)

19. CD INZANE

CD INZANE CD INZANE LLC

Red Circuit-Homeland, in my top "5" melodic metal releases this year! All you Vanden Plas fanz watchout! RC will now become your favorite!

20. TychoCelchu

TychoCelchu Member

You would just have to be careful about what Warrel eats on Thurs and Fri.