This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ProgPower USA XII Roster Discussion

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by AngraRULES, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Creeps

Creeps Member

Nice.:D

Also.. best avatar in the forum... period!

R.A.M.O.N.E.S.

2. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

wow really!! My wife's from Raleigh! she can't believe a metal person lives in Raleigh. She remembers growing up there and it was never like that!!:lol:

3. JHunter

JHunter Dude

Yeah, I guess things are different nowadays cause there's actually a decent metal scene in town. There's about 5-6 venues that local metal bands can play at around here, which is cool. Only problem is sometimes there's too many conflicting metal shows on the same night.

Hell yes Creeps, love the Ramones!!!!!!

4. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Haken... wow... impressive. This show just got even better.

5. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Told you. I found out what was bothering me about them. I hadn't been in the mood to hear their music. Put on their CD yesterday morning driving to work. I have still not listened to anything else since.

6. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Yep. Not what I was expecting. And I can see why it would be a mood disc.

7. seh750

seh750 Member

The Dream Evil tune and video caught my attention during the intro vid Friday night. Just got a chance to listen to a few of their songs on YouTube. Holy crap, they're awesome! :headbang:

Not sure how I missed them before. The singer's upper range reminds me of Halford a little.

8. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

A tinsy bit. I personally think he's more in line with Sheepers. He's another Halford wannabe though. Not dissing the guy. He's a great singer and all but yeah.

9. SkiBumMSP

SkiBumMSP Member

Cool! If your next album is as awesome as Vast Oceans Lachrymose, than I am very impatiently awaiting to hear it!

That is so cool, as I am currently living in Fredericksburg, VA myself (been in the area for the past 17 years). I also thought how cool it was to see that your last album was also recorded in Fredericksburg. Will be cool to see a band that is basically from this area to be playing at PP. I wonder which member is the one in Fredericksburg. I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys and hopefully getting to meet you. Shame the only show is in Raleigh, as that is a bit far on somewhat short notice. Have you guys tried to play at Jaxx there in Springfield, VA?

10. dionysus11

dionysus11 MSTmike3K

I posted the band list for ppusa 12 on the pp europe forum, and i hate how all the guys and gals on that forum talk about how crappy the ppusa is because its not about the prog. They write things like Dreamevil PROG? They say things as if we are not smart enough to have nothing but prog metal or something. Oh well I think the list of bands is amazing I have found some new bands that I enjoy and I can't wait to be there next year for ppusa 12! Oh yeah and i sure Jon Oliva's Pain is playing at PPE this year,and that's not very prog to me,more like straight forward heavy f,n metal.

11. adaher

adaher Member

I always thought Dream Evil's singer channeled Klaus Meine more than Halford.

12. hoodaman

hoodaman Is it live or is it Dave?

I wouldn't be too concerned with it. However they do have a valid point. The Europe chapter does trend on the prog side and the US chapter does trend on the Power side. I find it to be a good mix. The best thing that could come of that is that I check out the lineups of both fests and research unknown bands to find stuff on both sides of the fence that I like.

13. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

Not for nothing dude, but there are less negative comments about PPXII lineup on the ProgPower Europe thread then there were in the PPUSA thread. There are only a few comments on that thread to begin with, some are positive, a few negative and the rest don't really give an opinion on it.

Plus, they may not be aware that ProgPower USA is not an exclusively Progressive and Power metal festival. Instead of feeling angry or annoyed at it, maybe you should just say that there have been plenty of "PROG" bands in our fest before... Perhaps a link on their forum with the ProgPower USA history? Maybe that would cause them to realize that this festival is worth a trip across the atlantic, and will attract more people to PPUSA. That's better than posting that you're angry at their reaction imo. If anything, there's a chance that when looking at this reaction, they may actually say "Screw that" and never give our version of the fest a chance.

14. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

That's ridiculous. I mean it's called progPOWER!!!! The year Glenn booked the most prog (X) was the year it didn't sell out. What do you expect?

Oliva and Savatage are definitely prog though. I mean, they're not Dream Theater prog or anything, but they definitely have progressive elements to them. They're probably the quintessential equality of both prog and power in my opinion.

15. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I don't hear Klaus Meine in his voice at all. Interesting.

16. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

It's not as bad as it sounds.

One more thing, they have a reason to be proud of their fest too. The lineup is pretty damn good.

17. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

Ah. Gotcha.

And yeah, that lineup is good. I think it's pretty cool that the two fests are mostly different in terms of what they offer. USA is more power and Europe Prog.

18. AngraRULES

AngraRULES Member

That's exactly right, and Dionysus seem to not know that fact. You can't blame their crowd for thinking our fest is too power, when they prefer the prog side of things and are used to more progressive stuff in their rosters.

I'm sorry, but you need to be really open minded to actually enjoy a lineup like theirs. Xerath, Love De Vice, Klone, Proghma C... It's no wonder some of the folks on our ProgPower, who seem to think Power Metal is the greatest thing ever wouldn't like their lineup.

19. hoodaman

hoodaman Is it live or is it Dave?

I just got done listening to samples of the bands on the europe fest. Aspera is outstanding.

20. nomisofsiman

nomisofsiman Member

I was actually surprised they weren't announced for USA last week.