This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quad tracking and phase

Discussion in 'F.O.H.' started by Pxz, May 3, 2018.

1. Pxz

Pxz Member

Is correcting the phase of the second pair of distorted tracks something that you guys do? Distorted tracks are so fucked up phase wise ( also timing won't be perfect ) that i don't really see how it would affect the bigger picture, but yeah changing the phase do alters the tone a bit. I guess this is the type of subject that if it sounds good then don't mess with it ?

2. henryjarv

henryjarv Idiot

I don't think there's a need to correct the phase for guitars.......Maybe then, if you quantize every note 100% to the grid, phase can be a problem.
    But if editing goes that far...........Well, I don't say anything :D

3. newamerikangospel

In my experience, the phasing only happens if the same guitar is used into the same amp channel/settings and guitar cab/mic placement for four tracks. I like to do different channels and guitars for each pair, and sonetimes different mic(s).

Messing with the timing of the tracks will put a section of the song in phase, but you will introduce phase issues to parts of the tracks that didnt have them before you messed with them.