This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Questions for LT

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Feb 28, 2006.

1. LORD866

LORD866 Metal Machine

righto then. thats probably a good idea, cause i don't want to ruin my Power Metal vocals as well.

2. Jammin_Jim

Jammin_Jim New Metal Member

If you had to either just sing or just play guitar(due some oddly suddenly spawning brain...thing...that would no longer allow you to do both at the same time, which would you choose?

3. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

That's a really good question and one I've wondered a few times (welcome to the forum too, btw! :) ).

I've been just singing for a few shows this year - in fact, our next show we'll have our fill-in guitarist looking after my parts to give my hands a rest. I kind of like the freedom I have in that I can concentrate just on vocals, and the performance part of my stage craft because my hands and brain aren't tied up with looking after my instrument, but since we're a band that has long instrumental stretches in some songs, it feels pretty crap just standing there while everyone else gets to have all the fun! I guess if it was permanent, I'd work some kind of choreography or stage act into those sections like Bruce Dickinson would do, so I'd get used to it but I'd really miss playing guitar.

On the other hand, I was just a guitarist for Platinum Brunette for a year or so and while that was heaps of fun, I instinctively found myself going for the mic to chat to the crowd between songs, and it felt weird not singing lead in a lot of places (although in that band, I did a fair bit of singing anyway since we had a lot of shared vocal parts).

I think if I had to choose, I'd go with just vocals, which is sort of a lucky thing since it's more likely that my hands will give out before my voice, but in an ideal world I'd rather do both and I'm taking whatever steps I can do at this stage to make sure I'm able to for as long as I can. :)

4. matt2006

matt2006 Member

*Retardedly obvious question ahead*

Ok, I can't believe I just figured this out today (about 3 years too slow, I know), but for my piece of mind-

Given that "Limb from Limb" is about fail people in the music industry, is the use of the word 'Limb' just a happy coincidence, or intentional? ;)

*Takes off 'Captain Obvious' cape*

5. Lord Tim

Let's just say the circumstances of our association with a record label in Europe were a large inspiration for the song. ;)

6. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

This isn't really a question.

I'm just letting you and the others know that I chatted to Luca from Rhapsody of Fire on the phone before. I told him to check out LORD. He seemed really keen. I sent him the website address, so fingers crossed he checks you guys out.

Cheers,

7. Lord Tim

Cool. From everyone I've spoken to, he's apparently a really cool guy! :)

I'll be honest and say that Rhapsody aren't really my thing (odd because I love fast metal and I love orchestrations, but something never really sat right with me with those guys), but I appreciate that they'd be interested in checking us out! That's very cool. Cheers, Luca, if you see this - all the best. :)

8. matt2006

matt2006 Member

Did you happen to ask the "When are you coming to australia?" Question?

9. black_tooth_grin

black_tooth_grin www.anwarrizk.com

I did actually. Their organising a tour at the moment. Luca is hoping to come down here after Europe, but its essentially up to promoters to bring them down.

He did mention that if Edguy and Sonata Arctica can do well down here, maybe they can too.

10. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

Hey Rob,
    I saw this post and I think you should check this out. It helped me with the whole vocal fry technique and depending on what you do with your voice you can sound a lot like Tim and heaps of other screamy type guys. I honestly couldn't do it until I saw this DVD and I picked it up in about 25 seconds. I think if I worked on it, I'd be a singer for a thrash band by now.

11. LORD866

LORD866 Metal Machine

Sorry Aj, but check what out? There is nothing to check out on this post. haha.

12. Sargeant Squidlips

Sargeant Squidlips Handsome Devil

I was thinking the same thing :D good one ranga :p

13. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

14. zac905@hotmail.com

zac905@hotmail.com Triton Metal

Hey LT, stumbled upon some pictures of you (in the shower...no, not really) when you were singing solo without playing guitar and thought it was the most freaken awesome thing ever are there any videos around I'd love to see what your stage presence was like!

15. Lord Tim

There may have been some video taken at the Gaelic show? Not sure.

I'll be doing one or two more shows un-guitared before I get back to playing full time, so I'll make sure we get some footage cut together just for the fun of it. :)

16. matt2006

matt2006 Member

I found this one a bit ago from the Blacktown gig-

Epic badass stage presence- even guitarless

#1796 matt2006, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  17. Lord Tim

Fuck that mic cable! Man, I dunno how anyone uses a cable - I get so fucking tangled up in those things! :mad:

18. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

How did you go about getting the Dungeon and Lord forums on here?I wouldn't mind starting one once Winterstorm becomes a bit more popular.

19. Lord Tim

20. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

Rad. I might just wait until we release our Mini E.P thanks man!

Actually, I don't see why I don't just do it now.