This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Questions for LT

Discussion in 'LORD' started by Lord Tim, Feb 28, 2006.

1. Nebulous

Nebulous Daniel

You haz to pay me mi moneez first, that's why :p

2. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

Err............I don't know what you're talking about.....

3. Lord Tim

Lord Tim That guy from LORD

Without sounding disrespectful, I would advise against a forum for you guys right now.

We're fairly lucky in that we've been around a LONNNNG time, and we were one of the first 3 or 4 forums on UM, so we've had a chance to build up a user base for a long time. We're also a pretty high profile band too, so that keeps on attracting new users too.

For a band the size of Winterstorm, sustaining a forum for a handful of users is a pretty hard task. Why would someone go to yet another forum? You only need to look at the amount of new posts in other Australian band forums on UM (who are pretty high profile bands) and you'll see they're pretty low. That kind of "advertising" actually can work against a band because you don't have any mystery to hide behind in regards to your user base - it's right there with the 2 or 3 new posts a week on your forum (and sure, you may have an initial lot of posts, but that was my point as far as sustaining it goes - you need an ongoing and consistent patronage to make it work or it'll just dry up and people will go elsewhere to chat with a more lively community).

A great example: The Eyefear forum - http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/eyefear-480/

Great band, great profile, but have a look at the amount of posts they have on their forum, especially recent posts. I'd say they're more well known than Winterstorm so if they're not keeping a lively forum...... get what I mean?

Again, please don't take that as disrespect. Think of it as "bide your time until you can justify the money you'd spend on this kind of advertising medium." :)

4. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

It's cool man, no disrespect taken. I had the same thoughts also, and I was lurking the Eyefear forum today. Yeah, it was pretty dead, but it wasn't as bad as some of the other forums that are on here.

In regard to Eyefear being more well known than Winterstorm I couldn't even imagine that at the moment we are touching them. We've only done a handful of gigs and never released proper recordings (although I am suprised at the amount of people that recognize me) but at the same time, their Facebook page is dead, and from what I remember their Myspace isn't that different either. So I'm just looking into it at the moment, as I am trying to make sure that when things ~do~ happen, they happen the way I want them to. Thanks man.

5. monophonic

monophonic Member

Hey LT. I notice that you've done a lot of guest appearances on other projects whether it be playing a guitar solo or doing vocals. I was just wondering if you contract out to that kind of thing and get paid or you just do it as a favor of some sort?

I have a sneaking suspicion that this question has been asked on this thread before. If so I apologise for not taking the time to check out previous posts.

6. Lord Tim

Most of the time it's paid session work, or I'm doing it in return for a favour that someone has done for us, but there's the odd occasion I've just been involved in a project for the fun of it or to help out a good friend or something.

Usually I don't go out and offer my services as a session guy but if people approach me and I think what I do can add something positive to their project then we chat about what my time is worth. :)

7. Bucko

Bucko Member

you whore ....:Smug:

8. Jammin_Jim

Jammin_Jim New Metal Member

Hey now...at least he's a passive whore and isn't going out of his way to "offer his services"..."usually"...

9. Lord Tim

Depends on the project - if there's something I think would be really awesome to do or good for LORD or whatever, I'll be in there like a cheap slut! :p

10. zac905@hotmail.com

zac905@hotmail.com Triton Metal

Hey on the subject, if I'm right you have worked with Tobias Sammet and Edguy before what was that like? and what did yo do (Sing, guitar?)

11. Lord Tim

We toured with them twice and hung out with the band quite a bit, but the only thing I've worked with in conjunction with Tobi is performing with Supremacy in Melbourne one time and singing the parts he recorded on their "Angel" EP. :)

12. zac905@hotmail.com

sick, yeah they are actually one of my favorite bands at the moment for some reason I'm not sure why, love the vocals. but they seem like a bunch of crazy German dudes just wondering if you had any good stories, hanging with them back stage or whatever?

13. Lord Tim

Not many that I can repeat, but I'll offer this advice: don't try and out-drink Eggi unless you're a member of Nightwish, it'll only end in tears for you! ;)

14. TROOPER MICK

TROOPER MICK Member

LT if you had to sum up LORD with one song what would it be??

15. Lord Tim

Probably "Forever" because it has most of the elements that make us who we are, but even then I reckon that's being unfair to the diversity LORD is known for. :)

16. zac905@hotmail.com

Greetings LT, creepy dude from Melbourne here that took a shine to your medieval slacks, you mentioned that Mark knew of a place in Melbourne where you could get them real cheap? I'm about to hit the stage with a couple of new bands and I need some sexy outfits to go with my sexy voice!

17. Lord_Aj

Lord_Aj Son of Asa Lande

How much did the 'On a night like this' video cost you guys all up? Also, how much compared to the album?

18. Lord Tim

A couple of grand, but we saved money by me cutting it together myself. And compared to the album, it was more expensive compared to the recording costs, but if we went elsewhere to achieve what we did here, FARRRRR less expensive, and that's not counting paid guests, paying for art, pressing costs, etc. so taking all of that into account, the clip was very cheap!

19. Lord Tim

No idea where - I got mine from my fiancee who found them on eBay I think. Mark would have a better idea. :)

20. Bucko

Bucko Member

The clip is great ... Tim is it intended as a push towards other Markets sucjh as JAPAN, States or Europe or as just a bit of fun ?