This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Questions for Stratovarius (Jens Johansson)?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by General Zod, Jul 17, 2014.

1. General Zod

General Zod Ruler of Australia

Thanks in advance.

2. Met-Al

Met-Al Member

Though I have my own answer for this one, I'd like to get one from a band member's perspective. Countless bands get a lot of flack these days for being down to one or two original members. However, Stratovarius doesn't have any original members left, yet they've managed to keep a loyal fanbase and release what's considered by many to be some of their best material yet. To what does Jens attribute the dedication and accolades?

On another note, is there a chance that we'll ever hear another album from the brothers Johansson? We could use another fusion fix.

Stay metal. Never rust.
    Albert

3. General Zod

Good questions. Unfortunately, I found out about the interview yesterday and did it this morning at 7AM. We did touch a bit on your first question.

4. Oblivion Ocean

If I got to interview with him, I would just ask him to recount stories about Yngwie :)

5. General Zod

We spoke specifically about Yngwie, Ginger Baker, and Dio. According to him, Yngwie was like a "little lamb" compared to Ginger.

6. Oblivion Ocean

Haha, I saw that Ginger Baker documentary on Netflix, I believe it. I would say he has some sociopathic tendencies for sure, or possibly just a misanthrope

7. General Zod

I didn't know much about Ginger Baker before that documentary, but thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd say he's well beyond misanthrope.

8. OrionSon

OrionSon Member

I always think of Jens as that guy from Stratovarius who played with Yngwie. I forgot he played with Dio. If I had to ask him something, I'd ask him how it feels to be the go-to guy when every power metal band ever needs a guest keyboard solo.

9. General Zod

There are very few musicians who have played with the ridiculous number of top flight musicians as Jens. I didn't realize it either, until I started researching him.