This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quick question

Discussion in 'Ulver' started by Eternal_Frost, Jun 25, 2004.

1. ethereallights

ethereallights Fevered Pitch

Metal is pretty trendy. It has it's own little sub-culture and style. Everything is trendy.

But Ulver deffinatly isn't trendy. Good luck appreciating music kid.

2. NFU

NFU I like pie.

Ulver isnt trendy...but black metal is for the most part now. Any genre will always have the underground and cult bands...but most genres get in the limelight at some point or another.

And ulvers new stuff is fantastic as well.

3. Chow Mai Dong

Chow Mai Dong Tipsy McStagger

Oooh yeah. It's retards like you who make me love Ulver even more.

4. Blackwinged

Blackwinged Member

You must also remember that Ulver were very young when they first started out. Apparently Garm was only 16 years old when Vargnatt was recorded, and when your a teenager your always filled with anger and what not. As you get older you change and you start to like new music. It's happening to me as I've pretty much got my fill of heavy metal after listening to it for over 10 years now. I barely even listen to any metal anymore and I'm only 23 years old. I'm guessing the same thing happened with Garm. He heard a band that wasn't metal, he liked it, and wanted to make something similar. He changed and everyone changes their tastes in music and other such things eventually.

5. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

6. Neurotic

Neurotic New Millenium Christ

yeh man, same here i'm 24 years old(been listening to metal since i was born eheh, my older brother is into metal so...) and i'm pretty much fed up with metal, i still listen ocasionally and i am in a death metal band, so i don't have the need to listen to metal, and like garm in the past years i've been discovering new styles of music, classical music,soundtracks, ambient/electonica, prog rock is want i usually listen too. Its all music.
    and i'm doing my own music project now and guess what ,not metal eheh, kinda in the vein of nulver.
    funny fact is that most metalheads i know can't listen to ulver cuz its too strange for them, and this guy calls it trendy:lol:

7. unknown

unknown fuck ftagn

yeah I know...how is current Ulver trendy? if anything it's far from it. Because you know, I see lots of people listening to stuff like Silencing The Singing