This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Random appreciation post

Discussion in 'Woods of Ypres' started by ShadarLogoth, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ShadarLogoth

ShadarLogoth Long Dead God

Been cranking pursuit of the sun lately and that damn cd still hits me the same way it did when it was brand new, segue from ghosts of summers past to the end of August is one of my favorite musical section of all time. Rip Dave man, glad I got to experience your music when it was new and still jam to it today

2. matt schrauben

matt schrauben Curse You All Men!

I agree good sir. I assume you got one of the reissues recently? I got the vinyl. Love it.

3. CaGeD iN

CaGeD iN Wandering on Ypres Rd.

in a huge tourist town where our population double
    As the years rolled on, Against The Seasons seems to hit me the hardest.

4. matt schrauben

I listen to Against The Seasons on the first snowfall of every year. A tradition I very much enjoy.

5. T3h_Killjoy

T3h_Killjoy Back to fuck shit up

It's that time of the year. I only can imagine what could we hear now, if David was still alive.

6. The Black Death

The Black Death WoY supporter

R.I.P. David

[​IMG]

7. matt schrauben

It’s been three years. I can’t believe it’s been this long already. Although, I can’t say I feel much differently this time of year, or anytime I listen to Woods, despite the time that has passed.

As I’ve said in my previous posts this time of year, he still lives through his music. And as long as that exists, so will he. I’ve been cranking Woods hard the past few days. It’s a bittersweet experience, of course, but still an experience I enjoy. It makes me remember how important David’s music was and still is to me and how much David impacted this young man from mid-Michigan’s life in a way he probably never knew. I hope he knew. I’ll never forget the times chatting with him on the forum or MSN messenger (when that was a thing!). I’ll never forget Woods II in the mail and being so pumped not only for the album but because he included a handwritten personal note of thanks! Haha. Good times.

We all know that David struggled with various personal problems as it was very reflected in his music, which is probably why he related to so many. His intense humanity was something anyone could immediately identify with, and what made him such a remarkable human being in the first place.

May he know peace now, and forever.

RIP David.