This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

reintroduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by AndICried, Apr 14, 2008.

1. AndICried

AndICried Pretentious asshole

Hey, I joined UM about five years ago, but haven't been a regular poster for around three years, so long time no see :)

Things have changed quite a bit for me - I am now an undergrand studying music, and am aiming to write a finals dissertation on black metal, possibly involving some fieldwork in Bergen this summer (during Hole In The Sky festival - end of August). So yeah, I thought it would be a good idea to be active on these boards again, and hopefully forge some links and so on, so that by the time I head over to Norway (presuming it goes ahead), I have some points of entry!

So yeah, any advice or chat - from recommended subforums, to bands, to Bergen contacts - is much appreciated.

Take it easy
    B

edit:

just noticed that most people who post here mention what they're into, so just for fun -

black metal
    averse sefira, bathory, blut aus nord, burzum, darkthrone, dawn, deathspell, drudkh, eikenskaden, emperor, enslaved, ktl (are they bm?), kvist, sigh, ulver, xasthur

death metal (basically a lot less informed as the list probably shows ;) )
    deicide, entombed, immolation, suffocation

doom
    disembowelment, esoteric, khanate

non-metal
    alice coletrane, my bloody valentine, jungle brothers, dubstep, dead kennedys, etc. - I try and listen to a variety :)

2. necromancy

necromancy Long Live Heavy Metal!!!

Welcome back AndICried

3. La Rocque

La Rocque I am that I am

Welcome back to UM, AndICried :wave: