This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Jul 6, 2009.

1. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

Well , i saw it on the sidebar of youtube so i didnt saw the bananas

Indeed! :)

2. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

And, even if it was a leak, posting it here would be a "BAN ME PLEASE!" kind of call.

I know I know, but it always feels good to rant about how good they have been the last 20 years :lol: Yep, Babcock is as funny as they come (what could he do with his name?), but he's a hell of a head coach. And we have the best scouting team in the league, you just need to look at Hekke and Pavs, 6th and 7th round superstars! Where do you see that? Also, we love Sweden and Sweden pays us back with tremendous players all the time :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sure thing. Pray not to find us on our way to the Stanley Cup, because if you do you're going down (that is if injuries respect us and we don't have the same guys playing all year long like last year, because that stinks come playoff time). We'll get a taste soon at the Joe if I'm not mistaken. I think Carey will be giving out the "top wins in the league" to Jimmy Howard that night ;) You got extremely lucky last year with Halak, but I'm sorry, your hockey was terrible, it was just so boring to watch. The Canadiens have been a lot, and have a shitload of history and Cups, but their hockey on last years playoffs was just ugly. Only problem for you was that you weren't the ugliest team in the playoffs, Philly came along with their "let's get it in in the ugliest and roughest way possible, nice plays suck" style. I can't emphasize how happy I was that Chicago (even though the rivarly we have with them) took the Cup home. Pronger is a funny dude in press conferences, but fuck him in the ass while playing, he's as dirty as they come, same for Carcillo and company. And also I can't understand how the fuck he's ahead of Lidstrom on the All Star voting, I just don't get it. I can't stand them. I like Bobrovsky tho.

3. Crzy_Aus

Crzy_Aus Crazy Violin Guy

Well, you missed out :rolleyes:

4. Ess en

Ess en Member

I like mean dudes like Pronger. I'm still trying to decide who I'm going to vote for on the Defensive end for the ASG right now. Lidstrom has been in it soo many times, and you can almost guarentee that he is going to be in that game even if the fans don't vote for him. This is the same reason I don't want to vote for Crosby, Ovi, or Stamkos. Right now I'm kinda thinking Pronger, Byfuglien, or Fowler. I don't know... I'm not too familiar with defensive players in the league. =\

Who did you pick?

5. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

I'm not sure if this is old info but I saw this on Jeff Waters' (Annihilator) Wikipedia article.

Jeff also revealed to French fans after a show that Alexi Laiho asked him to play a guitar solo on Children of Bodom's next album.

6. Firen

Firen nothing wild

Not a fan new Annihilator but sounds cool I guess. = /

7. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

:cry:

8. ChockeHoldTerror

9. (__Joonas__)

An Annihilator guitarist doesn't deserve to lay his filthy fingers on a COB record. If the solo sucks, his corpse will forever rot in the slimy bottom of Lake Bodom.

10. (__Joonas__)

Then again Annihilator "heavily inspired" certain Bodom riffs so maybe COB owes them a solo.. but I don't think COB needs help from those guys. Whatever, as long as it's good.. just get the album out to daylight already..

11. kilon

kilon I told you!

I can understand that they don't want an 'Alexi-styled' solo for once.
    But what about Roope? He's just as good and has a different style.

Then again, how much impact does one solo have on an entire album? Apart from the live experience being weird (if they even plan to play that song live)

12. (__Joonas__)

Sorry, Roope. :)

13. jurgens

jurgens Children Of Decadence

I would love more Roope solos :)

14. pnote

pnote Member

Dude

0:50

Jeff Waters is a hell of a good guitar player!

#2034 pnote, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  15. ChockeHoldTerror

It doesn't matter if he is a good guitarist , i just don't like this idea , but w/e if it will happen i will ignore that fact :p

16. srob7001

srob7001 I shred faces off for fun

Ok, I've never heard Annihilator before but that video was awesome. Great groove to that song.

I for one wouldn't mind at all if he has a guest solo spot. His style is very very similar to Alexi's so I think it would fit in great.

17. Rune

Rune Member

What's with all the Annihilator hate? Jeff Waters is just as good as Alexi on the guitar. And isn't it nice to have metal artists collaborating?

PS. Joonas is supr gh3y!

18. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Yeah, I was wondering the same. I don't understand why you don't whine about Alexi playing on an Annihilator album and then you start to cry when Alexi asks one of the greatest metal guitarists to play a solo on their album. It should be an honor to have a such great guitarist playing a solo on the new record of your favourite band.
    It's name is Clown Parade.

19. children of COB

children of COB Deadnight Drinker

No need to trash Jeff Watters, he's a great guitar player and a great dude, but I highly doubt that Alexi will ever allow anybody into a COB song. In cover songs he does and has done sometimes, but not in their own songs.

Well I really hate seeing Pronger up top, I don't like his style of play, so definitely not Pronger haha. Nah, if you want to vote unheralded, go for John Carlsson (he's having a hell of a season with the Caps and he filled extremely well when Mike Green went down for some games) and I guess Byfulglien deserves the other spot, he's been playing tremendous.

If you want an unheralded/write in squad, my choices would be:

FORAWRDS:
    -Jeff Skinner (that guy's just unbelievable, Eric Staal must be so happy to finally have somebody to play with haha).
    -Alexander Semin
    -Patrick Sharp

DEFENCE:
    -John Carlsson
    -Dustin Byfuglien

GOALIE:
    -Jimmy Howard (yes I know he's my goalie, but it's not because of that, it's because he's been playing just amazing, with less games than anybody else he's top at the win department in a really offensive team as Detroit).

Alexi has said countless times that in an actual COB album nobody's allowed in besides COB, so I would say Alexi offered him to do a solo on either a cover song for the new album or he offered him to do one for one of the new songs on the cover album but he declined.

20. kilon

kilon I told you!

I think you're right.
    As far as I can see, that info has been on the wiki page in 2008 (maybe even earlier, didn't check) so maybe that where plans for Blooddrunk or indeed a cover.