This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Relentless Reckless Forever (Out March 8th, 2011)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by (__Joonas__), Jul 6, 2009.

1. (__Joonas__)

(__Joonas__) † Followed the Reaper †

The music sounds like slamming heavy metal riffs that are just catchy enough to grab you with it, and it's all spiced and balanced with keyboards all around the place. Songs 1, 2, 3, 7 sound best to my ears, these samples I mean. I think they're 0:15 - 0:45 or something. They've put great emphasiz on how the stuff sounds, I think you can hear the result of the expertice of Matt Hyde and the band working together, sounds like the result will make thrash bands like Slayer go pale. Can't wait to hear the full song... Roundtrip sounds pretty nice, the name seems to fit the music, or whichever way you say it. Roope and Janne have shitloads to play on this album. Of course, no dominant lead melodies, so that's a minus, but who knows, these are not the full songs.

2. ChockeHoldTerror

ChockeHoldTerror Survived Lake Bodom

Thank you so much !
    Can anyone rip this ? i want this go over and over !
    Thanks who ever does that ,Must say these songs are low quality..

3. lazicob

lazicob Member

love all samples yeahhh but the roundtrip to hell... it's gonna be a killer song

4. iPot

iPot fUCkTarD

Not My Funeral, Roundtrip to Hell and Back and Relentless, Reckless Forever are my favourites of those samples. Keyboards on NMF sounded pretty damn nice.

5. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

shovel knockout wasn't so good as it sounded in youtube samples, it can be cool after that thrashy part though

E: I really liked cry of the nihilist, it's rythmic verse part was cool

6. cobhc17

cobhc17 Member

Definitely loving the samples! THANK YOU TONS for posting this :] it sounds very promising. Shovel Knockout definitely sounds way different than by what we heard on youtube originally. Then again that was different parts..Alexi's vocals sound very different, but not in a bad way, i like it. NMF, Roundtrip, RRF, and still Shovel Knockout seem like my favorite from the samples. I'm definitely excited. I think after hearing all of the songs for a bit, I can easily wait these next two weeks for the full album. Knowing a better idea of how the album will sound is really nice.

7. EvilKatarn

EvilKatarn Jaaniöö, Bodomi Öö

I feel like I should've held out for the full album and skipped those samples.

8. ChockeHoldTerror

RRF sounds like a strong track , and in the reviews they just said 'cool song,also a good piece' ...

9. Slayer_Of_Light

Slayer_Of_Light Hatebreeder

RRF sounds so good i want to take that song then marry it and have its babys

10. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

I need to mention Cry of the nihilist, i like it's groovy verse. sounds like lamb of good. Good job Children Of Bodom!!! And northpole's verse sounds really cool and it gives me a smile when i listen it =D

11. tempestadiossa

Alexi is bringing back some long black metal screams. w00t!

12. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

Something I was amazed by was that all the reviews said PMS was terribble but I though it was one of the best ones! Northpole was maybe one of the worst, and NMF was good.

13. DeneveR

DeneveR Member

I liked PMS too, it seems to have very similar vocal melody with Stone's song Small Tales.
    Only thing that pisses me off is that the songs at the end of the album are those "funny" party songs. IMO last song of the album should be something more meaningful, it would leave much better impression of the album. But im still very happy that they seem to have tried their best this time, it sounds fresh in a way.

14. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

#4194 ESA1996, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  15. Enemy242

Enemy242 Member

I'll definitely wait to decide anything since its obviously hard to tell from samples; a lot of it sounds like odd riff thrash or makes me get a feeling of Norther instead (pretty weird haha) but Roundtrip sounded fucking awesome.
    Making a judgment from tiny samples would be stupid as hell though (considering i loved the other shovel samples but not that riff, not a fan of those beats) so i'm definitely pumped for the release!

16. ChockeHoldTerror

Same here ^

I hope only the first verse will be like that, i love doublebass dont get me wrong But i dont like it here seems like they might changed thebeats of the song? idc lets wait for the release .

17. ESA1996

ESA1996 Member

The SKO part is the first part were Hyde talks if you listen to the SKO Full Interview video on my Youtube channel.

18. tonsa92

tonsa92 Member

yup, i dont like that fast thrash thing, doublebass beat is cooler

19. mocobhc

mocobhc Member

Wow those samples are actually pretty cool! Return of the keys :oops: Roundtrip and especially RRF sound totally promising, closely followed by PMS (what a weird ironical abbr. btw). Two weeks to go, I can't wait :hotjump:

20. dark5hadow

dark5hadow Member

after a few listen, here s my point of view
    NMF : like old stuffs with the keys adds (btw it reminds me Rust never Sleeps -kalmah at 1:03>1:13)
    SKO : nothing to add except i like the blacky long scream in there :p
    Roundtrip :awesome track and catchy riff with dominating keys (it reminds me Lordi - Hardrock Hallelujah)
    pussyfoot : like the way it goes from that slow part to the trashy one (at the begining of the slow part i taught it was knuckleduster)
    RRF : the title track, as i expected, alexi would put some of his american influences in there like he did on wiwi, but in a good way with melodies on that riff.. it worked this time.
    CotN: sounds very technical
    Northpole : sounds like a cover of a very old school heavy metal song